PDA

View Full Version : Questions on African Dwarf Frogs..

selfs_echo
02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
I see people post some on the invetebrates, but I was curious if anyone keeps any ADFs? I have a 10 gallon and have been trying to decide what I shall add to my tank next. If anyone keeps these little fellows, I was wondering what your experience with them has been. I've been researching on them a little, but I'm curious as to what other people's experiences have been. :D

Thanks so much for any imput! :wink:

melissa~

William
02-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Dwarf claw frogs are easy to care for and can be kept in small aquariums. They will suit your aquarium as long as you have no aggressive or predatory fish (and invertebrates) in it.

selfs_echo
03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
thanks so much! I'm thinking when my tank cycles through, I'll definitely try to get one!

kimmers318
04-16-2006, 01:02 PM
I have 3 adf's with my dwarf puffer Missy and they seem to be doing fine. 1 hides all of the time, 2 are active as can be which gives Missy something to watch! The kids love them! Just make sure you get the dwarf frog, a lot of stores are selling small frogs that turn out to be the african clawed or albinos and some of those get rather large!

rollie
04-16-2006, 01:42 PM
they like to jump, so make sure you got a top on your tank,i have them at times!!

selfs_echo
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks so much for all of your input! I've gotten two, and they're doing well in my tank. They seem to love dense foliage that hangs out near the top of the tank.
Rollie, you're so right about them being jumpers; they tried to hop away when I was putting them in the tank the first time.

Full3R
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Can you Keep frogs with fish??? didnt know that

William
04-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Some frogs. And they will eat any fish small enough to be eaten.