PDA

View Full Version : Cat Pee! Yikes!

s72450
03-02-2009, 07:14 AM
My loveable little lady decided to pee in the floor the other night. She's been going outside more often and so I emptied her litter box and was planning to get rid of it all together since it's such a pain.

I go into the spare bedroom where her litter box was and noticed a horrible strong smell of urine and now I can't get rid of it. I have carpet cleaner and that hasn't worked and all the smell good stuff in the world isn't helping this.

First off, I really don't want this smell to stink up the entire apartment and secondly, I live in an apartment and technically am not supposed to even have a cat. Help!

Also, any tips on getting her used to using the bathroom outside since she stays out most of the time now?

Mvjnz
03-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I'd just leave the tray there for her even if she goes out most of the time, seeing as she's used to it. Or if you must get rid of it, put it back for now and then slowly moved it out of the room and then outside, 1 metre at a time.

And get some Urine off, it will get rid of the smell.

eteller
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Urine off, or one of the other enzyme-based spray 'descenters' will do the trick. I have a male cat that does it all the time.

s72450
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks! I'll pick some up.

Mvjnz
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Urine off, or one of the other enzyme-based spray 'descenters' will do the trick. I have a male cat that does it all the time.

Sounds like your male cat needs to be fixed:)

s72450
03-05-2009, 02:17 AM
I have a friend that has a fixed male cat and he still sprays stuff all the time. He was fixed later in life, she was thinking he was around two and turned out he was around eight. The vet that she took him to most recently said he still had "Tom" behavior because of the age he was when he was neutered. Apparently it can happen that way.

Mvjnz
03-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. It has become a habit by then, while with young males they haven't formed the habit yet.

osomxl
03-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Look for a product called ODOBAN. I have seen it available at walmart. I used to be a sales rep for this product and it has a pleasent flowery smell with only the slightest chemical odor. It too is an enzyme based product and is not very toxic and has a 1001 different uses. It works great at controlling garbage can odors.

Mvjnz
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
You don't wanna cover up the cat pee smell, you wanna remove it completely. Otherwise the cat will still be able to smell it and keep peeing in the same spot. That's why you need product especially designed to remove urine smell.