PDA

View Full Version : Gallery poll - Vote to effect the future

William
02-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Time to decide how you preferr the gallery:

Like it used to be were all your picture is shown in your gallery regrdless of where it is posted:
Advantages
+ easy to see all ones pictures in one place.
Drawbacks
-Picture counts becomes erroneous as many pictures are counted twice by the software
- The my Pics function to post gallery pictures in the forum (unders smileys when you post) doesn't work as it should. It displays a red x when trying to show a picture from your gallery that are not there. That are in the other gallery wher you actually posted it..

The new way where pictures are only showed in the category they are posted.
Advantages
+ Post count is correct
+ My pics function for posting pictures in the forum from the gallery works like a charm.
Drawback
-can be hard to find ones pictures. Unless one performs a search one ones name.

The forum will de configured to work in the way that get most votes. In case of a draw I'll decide.

Ellen4God
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't have much of a preference! :) Either way is fine with me.

smaug
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Im sure there are many that prefer the old way,that way they get more bang for the buck with there pic count:14:

William
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes but they can't use the my pic function to add their pictures to forum posts as easy.

Ellen4God
03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Yes but they can't use the my pic function to add their pictures to forum posts as easy.

I just discovered that function the other day!! Had never noticed it before. lol

Wild Turkey
03-01-2009, 02:53 AM
I would prefer the new way IF its made easier to change what category the pics are in

while we're at it, Can we even delete pictures without a mods help yet?

Bottom line is, We need to be able to easily edit and delete our own pictures and what categories they are in without pming any mods.

KingFisher
03-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I liked the old way better because having posted my pictures into each individual gallery, it is very difficult for me to find them now.