PDA

View Full Version : Stay of Execution

Kadina
02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Rocky Lives Another Day (http://www.9wsyr.com/content/news/your_stories/story/DEC-delays-killing-of-illegal-pet-fish/cmdCIwld8EiZADvuib7EbA.cspx)

W_Oz
02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
What ever happened to expost facto?

Dave66
02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Since the owners have had the fish before the ban of snakeheads was passed, the DEC doesn't have a leg to stand on. Wonder what would make the DEC think the owner would dump the fish since his family has had it more than 10 years?
If the story gets on national TV the backlash against the DEC will be crushing.

It's like ivory. You can posses ivory that was made before the ban, not after.

Dave

Lynn Conroy
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Really? The last paper I saw and I'm right here in Syracuse where Rocky is and it said that hursday was his execution day. Man I hope not!

lobsternoob
02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
The DEC told him they will return him to Chris so he could have Rocky stuffed and mounted in his home.

Geez how kind of them.

Nightside_Eclipse
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
That is so &#*^$ ridiculous....

Way to ABSOLUTELY WASTE what will most likely end up being several thousand dollars of tax payer money over a f'in PET FISH!

"But it's the law" - the motto for those who refuse to freaking THINK.

Tigerbarb
02-28-2009, 01:10 AM
That's just wrong...that pet was there longer than the law existed, and authorities should have no right to just kill it. I mean, for all other pets, take dogs, for example, the ASPCA comes and takes the pet and finds it a new home. Can't they just do that with the snakehead? Yeah, they can. Period.

I mean, I would ship off my pet to some fishkeeper on craigslist, who can leagilly provide it with a good home, rather than just sit back and let the DEC freeze my pet to death.

JFL Live
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I wonder what size tank they have that fish in. Must be huge!

Wiggs
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
So they get a pet and its made illegal after the fact?

No, I'd raise hell as well. That's ridiculous.

Jaster
05-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Has there been any updates to this?
How did they even find out this guy even had the fish? I'd be putting that little SOB who reported him in the tank with the fish! The DEC says that if it were to be released it would kill everything?? He's had it for 10 years! Gee... ya think he'll release it into the wild? I would be raising holy hell too... I love that commented to him that they are mad he went tothe press! lmao I bet they are... I'll tell ya, you plan on coming for one of my family pets you better show up with a lot more then a piece of paper.

BIO-Linist
08-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Original link is dead.

Update:
http://www.9wsyr.com/mostpopular/story/Rocky-the-snakehead-fish-lives-owner-allowed/CteoroYtG0y9zkULTzKaFQ.cspx

domjd05
09-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah I'm wondering how they found out he had the fish.. must have some nosey neighbors!

But seriously.. its not like he is going to flush it down a toilet.. the guy seems awful passionate about his fish.. and anyone who takes care of one at THAT size definately doesn't seem to be the type that would just dump it in a stream or something.

Padams
09-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Just another good example of government poking where they don't belong.