PDA

View Full Version : Fungus not leaving

fishymommy
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I have a fish with severe fungus on his fins. The fungus has been here for a week now and is slowley getting worse so now the fins are half gone from being "eaten". I've tried a full week of Pimafix and that didn't work so I moved on to the only other fungus medication I have which is Mardel Maracyn-Two. Today is the second day (of 5) that he has been on it. It says that it treats fin and tail rot so assumed that would work better than the Pimafix.

Now I've isolated poor fishy into a hospital tank. I have two questions:

1) Should I replace all the water in tank with new fresh water to try and get rid of any fungus living in it?

2) Is there a better medicine I should be using?

Lady Hobbs
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
In my opinion, when things get bad medically, grab the meds. You want something that will work fast. You need not replace all the water but a big water change may be in order. That med should work fine.

Good luck.

fishymommy
02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Ok, thank you. I hope it does

Wild Turkey
02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
In my opinion, when things get bad medically, grab the meds. You want something that will work fast. You need not replace all the water but a big water change may be in order. That med should work fine.

Good luck.

I agree 100%

Remove the meds from the main tank though, in the future, separate then treat if you have the ability.

fishymommy
02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok thanks. I made sure that I didn't give the big tank the Maracyn. I know that can be nasty stuff. I hope you guys are right. The fish won't eat and the fungus "cloud" is really big around the fin. I think it might have even spread so another one! Ugh. My poor fish!