PDA

View Full Version : Clown Knife + ? = Good Community

darqmarc
02-13-2006, 02:09 AM
My clown knife needs some company in his 55gal tank. The companions can't be too big given the tank size. I'm planning a crayfish and a pictus cat. I'm not sure what else to put in there, though. He's definitely not aggressive, though he will eat a feeder fish. He's enjoying flakes right now though. Anyhow. I was thinking angels but I reckon they might get a little too nippy for him. So I figured I'd go looking fro some suggestions.

scooby21
02-16-2006, 04:32 AM
I have 2 gold clown knifes, 1 green terror, 1 fire eel and 2 convicts. had a crayfish wich was cool till my green terror ate it and a columbian shark which my green terror beat up. so with my experience i would suggest a columbian shark and a fire eel. columbian sharks swim around constantly and the fire eel just looks really cool. And im looking for a bichir to add to my tank. Also, clown knifes get large, i know all the fish i mentioned get large but i think you could keep em for a couple years(not sure though).
heres some info on clown knifes, good site http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/cl-knife.htm

darqmarc
02-16-2006, 04:38 AM
I'm actually a little worried about my crayfish right now. He crawls inside one of the decorations... like into the cave, then into the inside of the decoration. He's done it plenty, but he hasn't come out of hiding in days. I saw his claws today during feeding time but... that's about it.

William
02-18-2006, 09:41 PM
How big is your clown knife fish. Depending on its size it might consider your crayfish food and forcing it into hiding. On the other hand your crayfish might just be moulting which causes them to hide untill the new shell has hardened

darqmarc
02-19-2006, 03:34 AM
The clown knife is probably around seven inches long I'd say. The crayfish is about half his size. Usually the crayfish takes swipes at the clown knife. in fact, you may recall me asking about white lines. That mystery is solved. The crayfish got a piece of the clown knife. Last night I saw the knife chase the crayfish into hiding. I don't think it's being considered food, I think it's because the stupid shellfish got cocky. ;)

William
02-19-2006, 07:42 AM
You might be right ;-)

(It seems unlikely that a crayfish of that size would be considered food anyway)