PDA

View Full Version : Cherry barbs?

frizzlefish
02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I had 2 pair in my 60g tank that seemed to get along well with everyone else. One of the females died and I was thinking of adding about 6 more to the mix. 2 questions then....

Will the new ones school with the older ones?
Will my angels be ticked off and go after them or the barbs gang up on the angels?

Any experiences with cherry barbs?

Lady Hobbs
02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
They should fit right in with the older ones.

gm72
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Agreed with Lady Hobbs. I keep a school of them, nice looking fish. Can't comment about compatibility with angels though, but if they are already used to having them as tankmates I don't foresee a problem.

frizzlefish
02-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Excellent. I'm thinking of taking half a "me" day on Wednesday and running down to That Pet Place in Lancaster area. A little over an hour trip for me but worth it in the drool factor!

Gonna be searching out some shrimps and a female tank mate for my gourami too.

Kadina
02-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Frizzle, You may want to plan for Tuesday or Friday for the best selection. I live local to That Fish Place and they get shipments on Monday and Thursday and have them in the display tanks the following day.

Wild Turkey
02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
You want 2:1 female to male ratio with cherry barbs, so i would add more F's than M's

frizzlefish
02-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Frizzle, You may want to plan for Tuesday or Friday for the best selection. I live local to That Fish Place and they get shipments on Monday and Thursday and have them in the display tanks the following day.

Ah, in a perfect world I could take any day off at all! LOL

I'll give it a shot for this week though. Maybe a bit of finagling here and there.....

Thanks for the inside tip though! Anything else you can share about them? I've been on their site countless times but only in the shop once about a year ago. Fantastic place to spend hours just daydreaming!

Wild Turkey
02-23-2009, 10:08 PM
They are somewhat sensitive for their size and popularity, a good transitional fish from beginner to intermediate care imo, forgot to mention that.