PDA

View Full Version : Guestion about my anubias

Lady Hobbs
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I got a lovely, large anibias last week, attached it to wood and have it in my 29 gallon with 36 watts 6700K lighting. Each day it looks to me as the leaves are getting smaller.

The wood I have it attached to is upright so the plant is rather near the lights rather than laying on the bottom. Could this be giving this plant too much light, you think?

korith
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Possibly lack of nutrients? It's a low light plant so what you have should be working. I have a few small anubias in a 20g under about 30 watts, and they seem to be doing fine. Just have to remember not to plant them too deep into substrate.

Lady Hobbs
02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I just layed the log down so the plants are farther from the light. We'll see how this works. Thanks

ILuvMyGoldBarb
02-22-2009, 03:35 PM
They could very well be getting too much light. I had them in my high tech tank and the leaves that were not shaded were the small ones, and the large leaves were the ones in the shade. Kind of makes sense though, less light requires a larger surface area for photosynthesis.

Lady Hobbs
02-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Sounds good to me. The plant was only about 5 inches from the lights so that would be my guess.

Thank ya Brad.