PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Catfish?

cer
02-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Has anybody had experience with these fish? Will they stick to the bottom of the tank? Do they like to school? Would they be compatible with these fish? Bleeding Heart ,Cardinal Tetras,Glass Catfish,Corycats,Blind Cave Tetras, And Dwarf Gouramis.

toddnbecka
02-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Need a scientific name, common names are practically worthless.

Dave66
02-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Are you talking about Rama chandramara cer? If so, they top out at 2 inches, and won't eat any fish that doesn't fit in their mouths.

Dave

cer
02-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I am talking about Hyalobagrus Flavus.

toddnbecka
02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice little fish, I found some many years ago, but have never seen them since. They do stay quite small, peaceful/social little critters that seemed to like hanging out among live floating plants in my tank (I believe it was a 10 gallon.) They ate live bloodworms (ironically, frozen weren't available to me then, but live ones were) but I never saw any interest in flakes. One of the females developed some bright green eggs, clearly visible in her transparent body, but she died before they spawned. No clue why they died off, but that was many years before the internet, and I had no way to ID the species or their requirements.

cer
02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Well where could I get them?

toddnbecka
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
No clue, all I know is that they're imported from India, and when they do turn up it's incidentally (or accidentally), usually sent by mistake. Apparently they aren't specifically collected for export. You could try Franksaquarium, he imports some odd species and may be able to find what you want.