PDA

View Full Version : Another ? about shrimp

fishlover49
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Quite a few of my Cherry shrimp have a lighter color patch on their back. I heard somewhere that this is eggs?? I haven't had them that long and don't think they are old enough to breed yet? They are still pretty small. The patch is just on the bigger shrimp. This is all Greek to me yet. :help:
Thanks!!!

Algenco
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
the "saddle" which is new eggs can be seen as a light spot in the body through the top just in front of the tail, at the next molt the eggs will move to the swimmerettes under the tail

Heliwyr
02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
the "saddle" which is new eggs can be seen as a light spot in the body through the top just in front of the tail, at the next molt the eggs will move to the swimmerettes under the tail

Thank you, that answered my question as to what that weird greenish-white cauliflower looking patch is on the inside of my biggest shrimp.

fishlover49
02-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow! How young do they breed anyway?? :ssuprised: They must start breeding right out of the egg, just about anyway. :hmm3grin2orange: Thanks for the help!! It is exciting to know that soon I should have baby shrimp! :19:

Algenco
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow! How young do they breed anyway?? :ssuprised: They must start breeding right out of the egg, just about anyway. :hmm3grin2orange: Thanks for the help!! It is exciting to know that soon I should have baby shrimp! :19:

within 6-8 weeks after hatching in the optimum growing environment they'll be hatching their own

fishlover49
02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
within 6-8 weeks after hatching in the optimum growing environment they'll be hatching their own

Wow! They are fast! Thanks!

Ellen4God
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Congrats!!! Baby shrimp are exciting. :]