PDA

View Full Version : CAn I put in a black moor?

lovleeko
02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I know that goldfish can live in tropical conditions. So can I put a black moor in my 55? It's community tank and all fish would be compatible. Would it be to hard to feed it and too much of a hassle? Opinions wanted!

Fishguy2727
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
What is the temp?
What are all the fish that are in there now?
What is the nitrate concentration?

lovleeko
02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
What is the temp?
What are all the fish that are in there now?
What is the nitrate concentration?

Temp is 77 about to be 75 :) Still haven't brought it all the way back down from when I had ick for ever ago. LOL

Nitrate stays at ten but does get lower at times. I am pretty religious about water changes. Though I have to do more than once a week because the ph out of the tap is so much different before it ages. 6.0 vs 7.4

The only fish I have that are even an 'if' are bleeding heart tetra and the reason I call them ifs .... is because they are ravenous little things that eat like crazy! The rest of my stock are cardinals and some black neons and a pair of GBR and Bolivians whom don't bother anyone.

Sharon
02-17-2009, 07:07 PM
GBRs aren't going to do well at 75 degrees...

lovleeko
02-17-2009, 07:15 PM
GBRs aren't going to do well at 75 degrees... They were doing okay with it before they got ick. hmmm Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll leave it where it is then. I did forget about the GBR needing slightly warmer water. The bolivians do well in water up to 85! But I don't think everyone would appreciate that. LOL

Okay fish guy.... how about 78 for the black moor?

Well my my. I went over to check the temp and apparently it is 79 in there. Hmm thought it was 77

Sharon
02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Maybe the low temps is the reason they got ich...

lovleeko
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe the low temps is the reason they got ich...

No the other fish had ick and I thought It was gone and started taking the salt out and that's when I got the rams. Anyway, I will keep the temp up. Thanks for the reminder. My poor rams. I was going to forget all about them! Bad fish mommy. Will you be my fish god parents Sharon? :hmm3grin2orange:

lovleeko
02-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Come to think about it I guess I might not be able to get the black moor with the rams :( DArn, oh well

Sharon
02-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh well...an expression often used by fishkeepers! I'll be glad to be your fishes godmother....I'm not expecting grandchildren any time soon!!! My daughter is looking for the perfect man, despite my telling her there is no such animal!:hmm3grin2orange:

smaug
02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I have tried to keep moors with tropicals many years ago [didn't know any better ,the warm temps needed for tropicals is in conflict with the cooler temps needed for moors.Its not that they are a cold water fish but they definitely do much better and are less prone to fin and eye problems when kept cool.They are also not the most competitive fish in the tank and there inability to keep up with your other fish would be an issue for them when it comes to feeding time.