PDA

View Full Version : 6 Gallon tank - Options

xXxBettaxXxLoverxXx
02-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Hi all :)
Well, Yume's back to his old self! :D I haven't moved him into the new tank yet, but before I do I'd like to ask a couple of questions...

He is DEFINATELY going into the 6 gallon tank, there is no other option for him thumbs2:

I'd just like to ask a question or two -

Later down the road, this tank is going to be heavily planted. And I was wondering, when I hit that road, can I add anything else with him? (If he is the easy going and not the I'm gonna murder that fish type of couse!) I've heard they are accepting of some tetras, or some cories...
But what worries me, is the space. How many can I put per 6 gallon? I can be more frequent with water changes if need be, I can up it however much needed...I just think he'd be happy with a couple of other fish...So are there any possibilities??

I've read and read, and I know they are solitary fish. And generically speaking, a 6 gal is a little ridiculous to have much more then a betta and some snails in it. But I am curious if there are possibilities, and if so, what are they?

I might just leave him be of course. So if its a no to stocking it with any more then him it's fine :14: I just would like to know if I have optioins :22:

Oh - I have a spare 3 gal with a heater should problems arise. I'd seperate him if it happens, and give the other fish to my friend who awaits stocking her ten gallon. She said she'll wait until I test this and see if it can work, and if worse comes to worse Yume will stay and either the tetras or the cories will go to her. I just want options is all :) I might not do it.

Thanks guys :22:

Jacko
02-17-2009, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't put any tetras or cories in there since most get over 1" and need to be kept in schools.

Look at the dwarf rasboras, those stay fairly small, 6 of them would do well but it depends on your betta's attitude. Some bettas will allow other fish in there, even prefer it that way while others will tear up any other fish.

Another option to look at would be shrimp, there are some pretty cool shrimp out there but the same thing goes, depends on the betta's personality.

Mvjnz
02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't put any other fish in a tank that small, but some snails or shrimp would be good.

Wild Turkey
02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree, the betta pretty much stocks the tank. But there are lots of micro fish that fit in 6 gallons here

http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com/2007/08/perfect-fish-for-nano.html