PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a special aquarium theme

Sasquatch
02-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Hi, it's Sasquatch's girlfriend and I'm planning an aquarium around a special theme.

Maybe not so special, because I suppose a lot of people have already done it.. but... It's my favourite legend (or story) and why not combine it with my hobby.

So, how do you do an all atlantis themed tank...

Yes with some greek ruins but after that? you know like : fishies, if you want to keep the scale? color of the background (deep in the sea or near the surface?)?With Plant and which type? color of sand or gravel or some special deco DYI. Cave, walkway, stairs...etc...Rocks, statues... What do you put in it, if you're interested in this legend, of course.

I'm not going to do it right now, I'll keep it for my future home (in a not so long time, I hope) and perhaps my future dragon goby might very well feature in it (hehe a big dragon waiting under the sea :grin34: ) but I love sharing ideas with others, it might give me some sparks...

Thanks in advance for anything you have in mind.

Chrona
02-10-2007, 03:51 AM
Hi, it's Sasquatch's girlfriend and I'm planning an aquarium around a special theme.

Maybe not so special, because I suppose a lot of people have already done it.. but... It's my favourite legend (or story) and why not combine it with my hobby.

So, how do you do an all atlantis themed tank...

Yes with some greek ruins but after that? you know like : fishies, if you want to keep the scale? color of the background (deep in the sea or near the surface?)?With Plant and which type? color of sand or gravel or some special deco DYI. Cave, walkway, stairs...etc...Rocks, statues... What do you put in it, if you're interested in this legend, of course.

I'm not going to do it right now, I'll keep it for my future home (in a not so long time, I hope) and perhaps my future dragon goby might very well feature in it (hehe a big dragon waiting under the sea :grin34: ) but I love sharing ideas with others, it might give me some sparks...

Thanks in advance for anything you have in mind.

I would have a large plateau (island) in the middle for all of the structures to sit on. Then, the depression around it can be the "sea", with fake plants. This assumes a decent sized tank though.

This would probably be a cool addition to any mythical themed aquarium as well:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=15549&Ntt=neptune&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004&Nty=1

Sasquatch
02-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I love the neptune and your idea of an island, very sweet...

And then I'm thinking about some broken stairs....

You're right, I was thinking about a very large tank, that's why I need a home:wink2:!

thank's

Drumachine09
02-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I would do a sunken ship graveyard. I think that would be the ultimate bombdiggity, but thats just my oppinion. That atlantis idea sound neat. You could see if you could get some greek looking porcelen statues, and you could boil them and then put them in, that would be kinda cool.

sergo
02-10-2007, 04:20 PM
tropical theme with palm tree decorations and some tiki huts set up like beach front. that's my idea for a theme.

Sasquatch
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I would do a sunken ship graveyard. I think that would be the ultimate bombdiggity, but thats just my oppinion. That atlantis idea sound neat. You could see if you could get some greek looking porcelen statues, and you could boil them and then put them in, that would be kinda cool.

yeh, sunken ship graveyard... sounds cool... with "sharks" in it :wink2: ... in a deep blue color... :thumb:

thank's for the porcelen statues idea...

well I've something to note in my notebook now!:19:

cocoa_pleco
02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Ive seen HUGE greek stone columns at petsmart, those and some old ships would be kool

minabird
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
On the Discovery Channel, they did a show on the search for Atlantis. Near Bermuda, there are rock formations that look like a paved road and they surmise that it could be part of Atlantis. I couldn't find info on it on Discovery.com but you could incorporate some of the findings from that show and other "The Search for Atlantis" shows into your tank.