PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Coral Question/Opinions

travie
02-15-2009, 02:49 AM
I rearranged my LR in my tank, and with the rearrangement, I made another spot open for a new coral. Didn't plan on this, but it just happened. I need opinions on what coral I should get. I have a 150w MH, it will be about middle of the tank, and in moderate to high flow. I already have an Open Brain, Blastomussa, Candy Cane, Frogspawn, Zoas, Green Star Polyp, Xenia, Orange Monti Cap, and Mushrooms. I would also like this coral to be an LPS or SPS with the capabilites to keep my Xenia in check once it takes off. What would you add in my situation?

I also need opinions on my next fish selection. Here is what I want to do for stock: 1 Blue Watchman Goby (already have), ? Pajama Cardinals, and then 1 Royal Gramma. I wondering how many Pajama Cardinals I could stock with along with my Goby (already have) and Royal Gramma (want to have) to keep my tank balanced and not over stocked.

Thanks for reading the long post.

travie

kaybee
02-15-2009, 07:10 AM
...I would also like this coral to be an LPS or SPS with the capabilites to keep my Xenia in check once it takes off...

Galaxia (LPS), certain acans and hydnophora can pack a whollop.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
IMO, the best way to contain Xenia is to invest in a nice sharp scalpel. LOL Other then that, the suggestions Kaybee mentioned should work. If you want to try something a little different, and if you think you are up for the challenge, then Bird's nest corals are beautiful.

travie
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
I didn't get any coral today. Probably will middle of the week or next weekend. I did get 3 PJ Cardinals though.