PDA

View Full Version : Robin Taking a Nap

Sharon
02-15-2009, 01:07 AM
...and he scares me every day like this! The last pic is just to show you he's not actually dead!

troy
02-15-2009, 06:04 AM
That's scary.

karbomb
02-15-2009, 06:06 AM
unfortunately i had one betta who was depressed all the time and played dead constantly. when he actually died it took me two days to notice :(

sandy_n
02-15-2009, 09:16 AM
I'd be freaking. He looked so.... ummmmm peaceful?!!!

Jellygirl
02-15-2009, 09:27 AM
That is freaky. Is it normal for them to act 'dead'. I know clowns are good at it. I can't imagine that fish get depressed, maybe they can. I never thought about it before. Especially when it is common for the breed to live alone in puddles most of its life rather than in groups.

Maybe he is just a sleepy fish or has some sort of disorder going on in his little body, who can tell. Anyway he certainly looks the part. He is beautiful even when he's sleeping - unlike me lol:hmm3grin2orange:

Jellygirl

Deleted User
02-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Maybe he is just so relaxed and confident enough to do it. Clown loach only do it when they feel really safe and happy. Why not a betta?

Great shots Sharon. :ssmile:

Sharon
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
He doesn't seem depressed. He's active most of the day, and very interactive. Appetite is good, and he prefers to eat from my fingers. Beautiful colours. He just has a weird way of sleeping!:hmm3grin2orange:

invadertoast
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I've had bettas that did this too, it's weird!! A couple years ago I had one in a 2 gallon hex tank with a UGF, and my he used to swim down the plastic UGF tube and sleep in there. Sometimes he'd wedge himself face first into a plant and stay like that. He was otherwise a normal, healthy and happy betta from what I could tell!

Jellygirl
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Well I think you can safely assume that he feels safe and secure then Sharon and can nod off to sleep anywhere he pleases.

Michelle

Sharon
02-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Yep...and that's pretty much the general attidude for Robin!thumbs2:

Jellygirl
02-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Maybe he is just a little young and will woo the ladies with his beautiful looks another time. lol

Michelle

Sharon
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I won't be allowing Robin to woo the ladies anytime soon. The poor little guy tried with two females, ended up blowing his tail, and still the girls would not cooperate. His tail is growing back nicely, though!!!:19:

Jellygirl
02-15-2009, 11:30 PM
So it wasn't for lack of trying on his part.

Sharon
02-15-2009, 11:38 PM
No, he did his best, although he was a little lazy at first, making the nest. He finally ended up with a beautiful nest, made under a cookie cutter(my helpful contribution)...The females turned up their noses at it. I left them for about two weeks, and gave up. I was afraid that Robin was getting tired. He blew his tail the day after I seperated them. The tail section was there one minute...gone the next. I nearly cried, seeing his gorgeous tail ruined....:scry: ...but it is almost back to normal, now.