PDA

View Full Version : Lost one of my crowntails :(

invadertoast
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Just went to do water changes in my two betta tanks, and found one of my boys dead :( I'm guessing it was old age, he seemed fine yesterday and the water parameters are spot on. His roommate is also fine and appears healthy, this particular tank has been a divided tank for years but I decided to take the divider out. I also kept both filters running, it probably doesn't need it but it won't hurt either. The remaining guy seems a little confused and won't really venture over the old divider line, I'm sure he'll get used to his new digs. It's weird to look over at the tank and not have two faces staring back at me...

I'm bummed, I had that guy for a long time... but on the bright side, there's now space to do a little aquascaping and try growing some plants in there. The hood is crazy reflective (it's stainless) and there's always green algae growing in there (grows food for my otos and BN in the bigger tanks) Plants grow awesome in my other 2.5 with the same light, but hardly any reflector in it so I'm hoping this one will make my baby java ferns giant in a short amount of time.

Anyhow.... RIP little guy :(

Deleted User
02-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry for your loss invadertoast. You did well to keep him to a great age. thumbs2:

Ryuu
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear =( Im sure he had an awesome life! How old was he?

Sharon
02-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh...so sorry!

invadertoast
02-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Thanks guys... honestly, I don't know how old he was. He was with me in our old house for a long time and we moved a year and a half ago (actually more like a year and 9 months ago)

s72450
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you gave him a long and healthy life so you should be proud of that.

geminidragn
02-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Sorry for your loss.

How is the other fish taking it? Is he acting depressed or lonely?

My fish Azul was depressed after he lost his tank mate. He would hide in a corner and stopped swimming around. I ended up getting him a new friend and he was fine after that.

I know how you feel about feeling weird not having that extra face looking at you. You get so used to seeing them and talking to them.

Take care and keep an eye on how your other fish acts; he might need a new friend as much as you do.

invadertoast
02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Gemini - I did notice the first day or so he was kind of depressed, but seemed to be perking up a little and moving around the tank more after a few days. I'm actually away from home this week (house-sitting) so I haven't been keeping my eye on him. I'll see how he is this weekend when I go home again, I'm hoping he'll be used to being by himself. His tank is on my nightstand and he often stares at me at bedtime, maybe he'll be super happy to see me, lol

Brookfish
02-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Real sorry to hear about your Betta.

angelcakes
02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
sorry for your loss:scry:

fishlover49
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
So sorry to hear that. :scry: