PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes!

190MPH
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Well after what seemed like an eternity, my nitrate finally made a big leap in the FL cycle thumbs2: ! It had been stagnant at 5ppm and is now 60-80ppm! My nitrite is still at 2ppm, but one thing I did notice is that when the drops are put into the tube, they stay light blue while they are being mixed, then gradually develop to the pink 2ppm color. I saw this yesterday and thought it was a change from what I had been seeing, now I know why. pH is still rock steady @ 7.8, KH did drop slightly from the original 4 down to ~2, but it has been there for several days, so hopefully that is where it will settle.

For any of the others here who are doubting if it will happen, all I can say is if you are following directions and taking the advice on cycling, be patient. I am SOOOOO glad that I listened to everyone here to hang in and be patient. It seems like I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so happy I could.....never mind:shappy: !

More to come....

Sharon
02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
That's GREAT!!! Fish soon!!!:ssmile:

190MPH
02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
With a little luck:shappy: . Still need to get that nitrite to 0 and give it a few days after that for total assurance.

Northernguy
02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
You are very close to finishing! Way to go!:22:

mrs fishpatrick
02-13-2009, 12:05 AM
thumbs2: you're nearly done

190MPH
02-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Fingers crossed. Just need to keep an eye on that KH too.

190MPH
02-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone. This morning brought more good news. Nitrite was 0 @ 24 hrs, after being 2 @ 24 yesterday! Just need to get it to be 0 @ 10-12 hrs and it'll be a wrap. Of course then I'll probably harass you with a million questions about the actual fish once they're in there!

Edit: Well it seems that it is better than expected today! I had checked nitrite before my normal 6am ammonia dosing, hence the results above. When I got home today (10 hrs after dosing), I checked again to see where it was at. To my surprise, ammonia 0 and NITRITE 0thumbs2: ! Looks like I'm basically there, but I'll give it a few extra days to be sure. The long holiday weekend may lend itself perfectly to getting some fish on Monday :18: !