PDA

View Full Version : Okay I know I'm getting annoying...

Owlbehere
02-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I've been looking at different suggestions and I'm thinking of this; * tank size and filter installed already.

60g: (aqua-clear and marine-land HOB filter)
5 Odessa barbs (I can lower my temp to make them happy)
6+ Red eyed tetras
Leopard fish (I may get him his own tank if I have fish go AWOL, none so far not even the danios when he was temp with them a week. Not saying he wont :P)
Clown pleco
(is this over stocked or could I add more?)

20gL: (UGF, HOB bio wheel)
5 white clouds
5 danios (long fin zebra)
2 platys
Dalmatian molly (stuck with it)
male and female Paradise fish
(is this over stocked?)

Crispy
02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Your 60 gallon sounds fine.. not overstocked.. 20 gallon sounds like it's at it's limit of fish.

Sharon
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I think you can add more to the 60gal...:ssmile:

Lady Hobbs
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
You don't need to know every fish you'll be having right at the start. You get yourself a couple nice big schools (bigger is better) and see how they are in the tank, how much room is left for others and in a month or so, buy some more.

The pleco should come last after the tank has had a chance to mature and grow some algae for him. Many pleco's starve to death in new tanks.

Owlbehere
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Your 60 gallon sounds fine.. not overstocked.. 20 gallon sounds like it's at it's limit of fish.

yea, I agree... I want to put the molly in another tank. I didn't know it was a molly when I got some fry from petsmart. They have a nursery for baby fish when they see them. I thought I was getting all red wags. They were all the same size and color :P. I also am not going to add any more white clouds and danios. They seem to be schooling with each other fine. Someone else (can't remember who, red sevrum maybe?) suggested a mate for my paradise fish, but I don't know if I can find one locally at the moment. SO, its like it is in my signature right now. Probably will be for a while.

You don't need to know every fish you'll be having right at the start. You get yourself a couple nice big schools (bigger is better) and see how they are in the tank, how much room is left for others and in a month or so, buy some more.

The pleco should come last after the tank has had a chance to mature and grow some algae for him. Many pleco's starve to death in new tanks.

Im not planning on adding everyone at once. I'm going to add to my Odessa school then add some red eyed tetras. I just wanted to be sure that I had the option of more if it looked bare. I will probably just make a bigger school of tetras if so.

The pleco is already there, he is from my twenty gallon. The tank is a pretty established tank, I have been having stocking problems though. So I want to get it slowly filled again... USING MY QUARANTINE TANK!!!!!!! He is also getting a piece of driftwood after I soak it.