PDA

View Full Version : I think 2 of my convicts have paired

crackatinny
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I think these two convicts have paired up going on there defensive behavior, what do you guys think? I don't even know there sex for sure, but I am fairly sure the white one is a male, because it has a lump on its head.
Worth a look anyway, just to see our nice white convict, they are both from the same batch is the only thing, the pair my nephew had (both standard convicts) bred endlessly, but only ever produced the one white convict.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpyeW6zYB-k

Incredulous_Ed
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Looks like it to me, But then again, the only cichlids I've kept were angels.
Great looking fish though

cocoa_pleco
02-08-2007, 09:36 PM
looks like it to me

jeffs99dime
02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
pretty cool!

cocoa_pleco
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
beautiful lookin tank

crackatinny
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
beautiful lookin tank

Thanks, it is a bit overstocked at the moment until I get my 120gal in a couple of weeks, the banana lily I tied to a log in this tank is really going strong.

Lady Hobbs
02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Nice flick. They look to be gearing up for something, don't they? I would say the white one is the male, as well, and appears to be the most dominate and the hump on it's head. She is kinda sitting there just say ........Wellllllllllllllll?"

crackatinny
02-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice flick. They look to be gearing up for something, don't they? I would say the white one is the male, as well, and appears to be the most dominate and the hump on it's head. She is kinda sitting there just say ........Wellllllllllllllll?"

The sad part is.
When they was little, my wife named the white one Marilyn (after Monroe), and the striped one big fella, LOL, so now they are going to have to go through life like that, and be teased by all the other fish:hmm3grin2orange:

cartmanis
02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
That would be my guess. My convicts (when I had my cichlid tank), bred like crazy. They'd dig their cave together, and raised their young pretty well too. (75 Gallon tank with 2 Jack Dempsey's, a Red Devil and several convicts) Fun to watch, but then you have a tank full of convicts that nobody wanted. :(

Still, cool little fish.