PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

belly up
02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi, new to the tank.
I have a huge problem and looking for fresh insite. My tank and I have baffled everyone else.
I can't get rid of the ammonia in my tank. More water changes than I can count. have tested ingoing water 0 ammonia. Immediate check after 25% water change 4ppm!
The tank is a used 46 gal bowfront. New gravel, fake plants and decor except shells collected ~15 years ago; added since ammonia, figured it couldn't hurt anything at this point! Have had the tank running since Christmas, never really cycled, no nitrate, nitrite spike. Tank is white cloudy, has cleared once or twiice after water changes. I have tried everything, boi-spira, ammo-loc, water clearifier. AS staed before water from tap is good, no ammonia? (someone wanted me to check!) No chlorine (well Water).
Hope this is enough to go one for someone to HELP my tank.
P.S. 3 angels surviving in tank.

Wild Turkey
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
ammo loc is probably giving you false readings. I never use ammonia reducers to solve the problem, just water changes. Remove it, keep doing small daily water changes for a while and then start testing again.

Deleted User
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi welcome to AC. :ssmile:

sandy_n
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi and welcome. You might start by clicking on the link below and reading the red stickies. This may help explain things better for you. Good luck!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Northernguy
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:

sushant
02-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Welcome to AC :22: