PDA

View Full Version : Bilberts Perfect New Home..

Demi ^_^
02-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Ok, well my really old rat Bilbert hasn't lost his wish to be a young'n LOL

So I am moving him from his 'retirement home' into a full-of-fun perfect house for him, to give him enough excitement and running space, but also be fit for a mobile elderly rat :))

I am going to re-model an old aviary and an old cage..

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qib4vp.png
(The avary is hidden from the house by alot of greenery, but is only like 20 steps away LOL)

Here is what it looks like so far after 2 hours of work..

http://i42.tinypic.com/2587901.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/33dbhpf.png

Of course, you guys don't know what it looked like beforehand, so just imagine your worst nightmare :hmm3grin2orange:

It is nowhere near done, but I am getting their!

cocoa_pleco
02-08-2009, 06:31 AM
*looks outside at the dark and snow*

Brookfish
02-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Looks like an interesting project, i'm sure Ratty will love the
finished article, keep us updated Demi!

William
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
looks like it will be a fanastic retirement resort for him.

Nice Strelitizia as well.

Deleted User
02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
That will be great for him.thumbs2: A 5 star penthouse. Great job. thumbs2:

sandy_n
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
He's going to have a BLAST out there. Can't wait to see the final pics!

kobusclan
02-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't know what it looked like before....but I know that he is a lucky guy to have you put so much thought into his new home! Great job...and be sure to post some pics when your done! ; ) thumbs2:

troy
02-09-2009, 01:36 AM
He's going to be one lucky rat.:thumb:

Rue
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Looks good! I think it will make a great home!thumbs2:

Demi ^_^
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Update:

Cage ahs been totally cleaned out, found 2 shelves and 2 ladders. Am only using the bottom half of the cage, because if Bilbert was to fall from that high up, he would definately perish..

I put carpet on the shelving so Bilberts feet wouldnt get stuck and I made sure that the ladders werent too steep and had lots of grip..

ATM, the cage has:

Bottom level: His favourite HUGE terracotta pot, terracotta water dish, food bowl - Carpetted and tiled (With a smallish space, where Bilbert poops... Very smart rat he is, he poops their so it falls into the litter pan and his cage doesn't stink/get messy..)

1st shelf: PVC pipe, water bottle - Carpetted.

2nd shelf: Small terracotta pot - Carpetted.

I still have to add his hammocks, his nest box, his ropes/play toys, cushions under the ramps (Incase of a fall!) and his favourite digging box (Basically a big pot with soil, throw in a handful of birdseed and you get a lovely green crop of grass... Rats love to dig and fling around in the grass!!!)

But yup, I like it so far, and so does Bilbert ;)))

Unfortunately his hind-leg paralysis is getting worse and he is starting to drag his back legs a bit, not to mention he is also blind and partially deaf... Poor bugger, but he is loving the more space and all teh toys!!!

I'll post piccies tomoz!!!!

Sharon
02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Sounds like you're giving him a perfect life, Demi! He's one lucky rat!thumbs2:

troy
02-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I can't wait for morre pics.thumbs2:

Deleted User
02-14-2009, 10:14 PM
1st shelf: PVC pipe, water bottle - Carpetted.

Great job Demi. thumbs2:

Are you saying you have carpeted his water bottle too ? :hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Can't wait to see pics. :thumb:

Demi ^_^
02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Hehehehe Celtic Fins ;)))

Piccies being postd soon!

Wild Turkey
02-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Sorry i missed this thread before, that cage looks like a great start for a rat cage build! :D

If you stagger the shelves over one another, you could get away with using the whole cage, it would make it so its impossible to fall farther than the distance between two shelves.

Cant wait to see pics! I just got the shelving unit all cleaned up and stuff for my ratty project as well so guess i should start a thread:ssmile:

Gemini
02-15-2009, 12:03 AM
What a fabulous ratty mansion!! What a lucky rat Bilbert is!! Can't wait to see more pics!:19:

Demi ^_^
02-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Pics uploading righ at this moment - its early here however so, they only things in his house ATM are the terracotta pots and food/water dishes basically ;))

WT, I order you to start a thread so I can read through LOLOLOL

Demi ^_^
02-15-2009, 02:52 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qcnzb5.png

Here we go, so far this is how it looks!

troy
02-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Your rat will have a blast in there.

Wild Turkey
02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Pics uploading righ at this moment - its early here however so, they only things in his house ATM are the terracotta pots and food/water dishes basically ;))

WT, I order you to start a thread so I can read through LOLOLOL

It looks great Demi, im proud, and im sure the ratty is too!thumbs2:

I wont have the money to purchase materials until tuesday, but i guess making a thread now couldnt hurt, maybe i'll get some cool ideas. Order carried out.:hmm3grin2orange:

kobusclan
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Demi.... thumbs2: Looks wonderful!!! Great job! I am sure that he is a happy rat!! LOL :19: