PDA

View Full Version : Most wanted fish

Deleted User
02-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi

I was wondering if any of you have a most wanted fish.

A fish you have hunted for ages for and have still yet to find.

Which is your most wanted fish on your list ?

I have always wanted to get some rose breasted cichlids( cichlasoma longimanus ).

I have looked for years and still not come across them.

I find that elliotti are easyer to come by than those. :ssmile:

William
02-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Asian giant freshwater stingray (and a giant tank)

Other rhan that: a number of Cuban and madagascar cichlid species

annageckos
02-07-2009, 11:54 PM
My most wanted fish is fairly common, Bichir. I had some years ago and fell in love with them. I can't have one til I can get a bigger tank.

Anna

Poofaye C.
02-07-2009, 11:54 PM
My most wanted fish I can find everywhere. Redtail cat.....will probebly never happen. Way too huge......which brings me to the thought as to why they are so abundant....most people can't house them......disturbing....no?!?!

William
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
redtails are nice. But as you say. They need huge tanks. Hope to get one large enough some day.

Deleted User
02-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Jeez everyone wants tank busters. :hmm3grin2orange:

Great choices guys.

Poofaye C.
02-08-2009, 12:10 AM
redtails are nice. But as you say. They need huge tanks. Hope to get one large enough some day.
You said it!!!

Maybe we should change this thread to most wanted tank/inhabitants....just kidding...lol!!! Well here's mine anyway. If I ever win the lotto, Huge tank able to house Redtail cat, two stingrays, (donno which ones yet) huge arowana, and a striped shovel-nosed catfish. Damn, that's some bio-load!!!
Someday.....<sighs>

troy
02-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Pygmy rasboras for me. I've got plenty other wanted fish.

mac
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
T. Duboisi, and Glossolepis wanamensis. But the Chances of getting the Glossolepis wanamensis is very rare.

mac

Heliwyr
02-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi

I have always wanted to get some rose breasted cichlids( cichlasoma longimanus ).

I have looked for years and still not come across them.

I find that elliotti are easyer to come by than those. :ssmile:

Most wanted fish that I could possibly house:

Dario Dario (Scarlet Badis). Not seen them anywhere except online.

Most wanted fish that I can't house:

Clown Loaches. They're not rare, but they are so cute! Would love to have a tank large enough to keep a small group of adults.

Sharon
02-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Clown Loaches are my most wanted fish...and now I have three!:hmm3grin2orange: I'd like at least five, but three will have to do for now!!!

wolf_eyes
02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I have two that i really want, both are fairly common but currently i don't have time,room, or money for them.
Freshwater :
Turquoise discus

Saltwater:
Mandarin goby

mac
02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Most wanted fish that I could possibly house:

Dario Dario (Scarlet Badis). Not seen them anywhere except online.

Most wanted fish that I can't house:

Clown Loaches. They're not rare, but they are so cute! Would love to have a tank large enough to keep a small group of adults.

That is a shame about the Dario Dario. They are one loverly fish.

mac

Demi ^_^
02-08-2009, 01:08 AM
I would love some little otos - been looking for ages now :))

I also want another betta :))

Lordy, did I choose rare and exoctic fish LOL!

I have an interest in African Butterfly Fish, but at 36 bucks for one at the LFS, I'll have to pass ;)

mac
02-08-2009, 01:10 AM
I would love some little otos - been looking for ages now :))

I also want another betta :))

Lordy, did I choose rare and exoctic fish LOL!

I have an interest in African Butterfly Fish, but at 36 bucks for one at the LFS, I'll have to pass ;)

What $50.00 NZ for a Butterfly fish???? That is more than outrages. I would only have to pay $10.00 for one. Should be about $5.00 Aussy.

I feel sorry for you with that one Demi.

mac

Brookfish
02-08-2009, 02:08 AM
T. Duboisi, and Glossolepis wanamensis. But the Chances of getting the Glossolepis wanamensis is very rare.

mac

No wonder your looking for Glossolepis wanamensis mac, i'd never heard
of them so I just looked them up, gorgeous Rainbows.
A large shoal of Galaxy rasboras are next on my wanted list,
I have found a source, just need to free up a tank now, lol

Adrian
02-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Hi

I am ever looking for the mysterious female.

er fish that is, of the blue ram varient. lol, sorry my bad.

But there are 2 fish that I would love to have. 1. Common name is a borneo sucker loach, looks like a miniture stingray. and 2. are marbled hatchets. Many stores carry the silver variant, not the marbled. The other hatchet that I would love is the marthae sp? variant of the hatchetfish.

jb300m01
02-08-2009, 02:48 AM
I was looking for a butterfly fish for a long time but I couldn't find one, so I bought 4 hatchets to fill the top space. Then, a few days ago, I go into a real small pet store and what do they have??? A butterfly fish. I ended up just buying 2 green barbs.

tanks4thememories
02-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Hmm I have a few. Here they are and I also added why I don't have them already:

1) Super Red Arowana (Scleropages formosus)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_arowana
http://www.indodragon.com/gallery/data/500/image012.jpg

I don't have one because they are illegal in the US...:(

2) Caecilian Worm (Typhlonectes natans) - kinda cheating because this is really an amphibian...heheh
http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Amphibian,%20Caecilian%20Worms.htm

I don't have one because I can never seem to find one...lol

3) Paroon Shark (Pangasius sanitwongsei)
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=268

I don't have one because I just decided I like em and they are difficult to find

Deleted User
02-08-2009, 03:09 AM
WOW that is one awsome arowana. :ssuprised:

You guys sure do seem to have difficulty getting some kinds of fish.

Red
02-08-2009, 03:10 AM
Rainbow cichlid. I have almost bought one like three times but then i had to listen to my morals..

Deleted User
02-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Rainbow cichlid. I have almost bought one like three times but then i had to listen to my morals..

Are you on about herotilapia mulitispinosa Red ?

tanks4thememories
02-08-2009, 03:19 AM
WOW that is one awsome arowana. :ssuprised:

You guys sure do seem to have difficulty getting some kinds of fish.

I love the red arowana...sniffle...sniffle.

I may have to move to Canada just so I can have one!!!

Brookfish
02-08-2009, 03:22 AM
I love the red arowana...sniffle...sniffle.

I may have to move to Canada just so I can have one!!!

Are they illegal in all US states?

wolf_eyes
02-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Are they illegal in all US states?
Yes indeedy. It kinda sucks because I would love an asian one too...

Brookfish
02-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Yes indeedy. It kinda sucks because I would love an asian one too...

Wow I never knew that, I can understand them being illegal in the warmer states in case they get released into the water system, but why make them illegal in all the states?

Red
02-08-2009, 03:43 AM
They arent illegal because of of releasing them, they are afraid if they take off the banned, it will hurt ehw ild population and put them into extictintion.
And yes Celtic i love them :)

tanks4thememories
02-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Wow I never knew that, I can understand them being illegal in the warmer states in case they get released into the water system, but why make them illegal in all the states?

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=29169

mac
02-08-2009, 06:18 AM
No wonder your looking for Glossolepis wanamensis mac, i'd never heard
of them so I just looked them up, gorgeous Rainbows.
A large shoal of Galaxy rasboras are next on my wanted list,
I have found a source, just need to free up a tank now, lol

Thanks brook. Yes they are a nice Rainbow. OHH boy I forgot I wanted to breed the Galaxy Rasboras. And now I want the Ember Tetra. Which one???

Ohh thoughts problems and I can get both fish.

mac

Deleted User
02-08-2009, 09:15 AM
yes Celtic i love them :)

I will dig you out a few pics of my old pair then.thumbs2:

s72450
02-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I searched for a long time for a yellow betta and finally found one by luck. I'd like to find another white/silver one since mine died. :(

I hear alot of talk about pygmy cories on here and I'd love to have some, but never seem to find them around here.

AABatteries
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I want a platinum arrowana. Don't have a tank big enough or $50,000-$400,000 to spend though.

invadertoast
02-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I want cherry shrimp and dwarf rasboras for my empty 15. Unfortuantely, I have never seen either of them in person (though I know I can get cherries online) and my 15 is banned to my closet until I have more money. It needs a stand, and I want to upgrade the lighting in it (it's a stainless framed tank with a stainless hood, need to figure out how to get more wattage out of it) I won't even mention the fact that I don't have any space for another tank, unless I put it in the basement with my tiger barbs (which already makes me sad, lol)

Miltonic
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
now that im setting up my SW tank, a Moorish Idol was my most wanted fish but since its so hard to keep in cativity and care for, I'll never get one :(

rageybug
02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Im with Dr Evil.... sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads.

MCHRKiller
02-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Well, I plan to buy a 300G wide by this time next year. So Ill probably suck it up and bite the bullet and buy my long held desire of owning a Jardini Arowana. My 150G will then be free and Ill move my CA/SAs over to it and add a Uaru, Jack Dempsey, Firemouth, and 2-3 Geos. Oh...then my 100G will be free for either a Male Dovii or Male Jaguar, something thats on the verge of being psychotic :)

I may also pull my old 125G tank out of storage and so something totally random with it...like a grow out for a Red-tailed Giant Gourami, and get some other oddball species Ive always kinda wanted to own. Id probably get a couple of teacup rays as I do miss my old male Motoro....and prolly a Delhezi bichir or two and maybe a Fei Feng or banded Leporinus :)