PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new here

bllaurens
02-07-2009, 08:34 PM
My name is Bart Laurens and I'm Dutch. I live in Zoetermeeer, a city near The Hague. I'm 61 years old and I'm a member of a Dutch Aquarium Society named Danio Rerio in Delft. I have more than 50 years of experience keeping aquaria and terraria. Allthough most of you won't be able to read my texts it might be interesting to take a look at my website: http://www.bart-laurens.nl/
I came on this forum by "googeling" and I hope my English is good enough for you to understand me. I have a big tropical aquarium 3 meters long and containing about 1.000 liters of fresh water

Lady Hobbs
02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi Bart.......Welcome to AC. Took a look at your site and all I can say about your tank is WOW!

Dave66
02-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Howdy and welcome to the forum, Bart, and your English is perfect.

Dave

Sharon
02-07-2009, 09:05 PM
WELCOME Bart!!! It's great to have you!!!thumbs2:

Wild Turkey
02-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Welcome your site is quite impressive!!!! Unfortunately i cant read spanish :( Maybe you could list what the sidebar options are in english?
That fw you are standing infront of is breathtaking! Beautiful family as well.thumbs2:

Is it ok if you are my new role model?? :D

Deleted User
02-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi Bart.

Welcome to AC.:ssmile:

Wild Turkey
02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Errr, dutch. :hmm3grin2orange: Obviously! :ssmile: <----stupid

bllaurens
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Welcome your site is quite impressive!!!! Unfortunately i cant read spanish :( Maybe you could list what the sidebar options are in english?
That fw you are standing infront of is breathtaking! Beautiful family as well.thumbs2:

Is it ok if you are my new role model?? :D

I suppose Dutch or Spanish is about the same for you. My wive is Portuguese and I can speak it a little. The sidebars from up to below mean: Home, Introducing myself, Lizards, The green Iguana, Snakes, Turtles and tortoises, Crocodiles, Amphibians, Insects, Spiders, All about keeping a terrarium, My (former) project: Reptilion, My journey to Namibie, My tank/aquarium, My fishes, My waterplants, Our Koi-pond in the garden, Forum (not in use at the moment), my guestbook, and Links (under construction). May be this will help a little? Role model ??!!??

escamosa
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
G'day Bart, your tank is awsome, welcome to AC.thumbs2:

Wild Turkey
02-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I suppose Dutch or Spanish is about the same for you. My wive is Portuguese and I can speak it a little. The sidebars from up to below mean: Home, Introducing myself, Lizards, The green Iguana, Snakes, Turtles and tortoises, Crocodiles, Amphibians, Insects, Spiders, All about keeping a terrarium, My (former) project: Reptilion, My journey to Namibie, My tank/aquarium, My fishes, My waterplants, Our Koi-pond in the garden, Forum (not in use at the moment), my guestbook, and Links (under construction). May be this will help a little? Role model ??!!??

Thanks! I will sign your guestbook and check out the links

Role model means: someone to emulate, it means i want to be like you!!thumbs2:

fightingfeeders
02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
I must agree. you have an AMAZING aquarium...do you happen to deal in herpology as well? I saw a picture with a snake around your neck...

troy
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome to AC!

annageckos
02-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Nice tank and nice burm. Is that you with it, is it yours? I love burmese pythons, grew up with one, she was 18' long and a sweetheart.

Anna

bllaurens
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice tank and nice burm. Is that you with it, is it yours? I love burmese pythons, grew up with one, she was 18' long and a sweetheart.

Anna

That's me indeed. I've been busy here in Zoetermeer, creating a small Reptile Zoo. In that period I owned some Burmese Pythons, one of them was a white one. All around 4-4,5 meters. They were very eaysy to handle. I stopped the project 7 years ago and the snakes went to other reptile zoo's here in Holland. I stopped keeping reptiles and for now I only have the big aquarium and the koi-pond in the garden. We (My wive Alice and I) have a persian cat: Minou. She's 14 years old.

sandy_n
02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Bart and welcome. You have an incredibly beautiful tank and I love your garden pond...:1luvu:

Ryuu
02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the AC. I didnt realize how much german and dutch were alike. I could read alot of it! Quite amazing tanks!

bllaurens
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
I found your forum by searching on the internet with Google. I typed “America big aquarium forum” and I found a lot of addresses. I picked up yours and I subscribed. Can you tell if your forum is a big one in America and the members do they live in some special area of the USA or do they come from all over the country? Do you meet sometimes somewhere? Do you organise photo contests or stuff like that? I ‘am a member of two big Dutch forums and I just tried if it is easy to make contact with you and I experienced that it is. I like it.

Fishalicious
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi ...

I know you but you probably don't know me :22: I have always loved your work and seen it on VVV...it is a real pleasure to see you on here...

We have monthly competitions with Member of the Month, Picture of the Month, Tank of the Month, Category Picture of the Month and also Animal Picture of the Month - these are in the competion threads...

I'm afraid if you enter though nobody else here will have a chance anymore :hmm3grin2orange: ... you've been in the hobby more than 50 years and have even for holland the most stunning tanks and photo's :19: :19:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Great to have you here. I look forward to reading posts from you. I am sure you have lots of great knowledge to share. Can't wait to learn more.

Northernguy
02-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey Bart! Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:
Its a pleasure to have you aboard!

bllaurens
02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi ...

I know you but you probably don't know me :22: I have always loved your work and seen it on VVV...it is a real pleasure to see you on here...

We have monthly competitions with Member of the Month, Picture of the Month, Tank of the Month, Category Picture of the Month and also Animal Picture of the Month - these are in the competion threads...

I'm afraid if you enter though nobody else here will have a chance anymore :hmm3grin2orange: ... you've been in the hobby more than 50 years and have even for holland the most stunning tanks and photo's :19: :19:
It is a big surprise for me to hear that you know me from VVV. I have no intentions to join any kind of competition, but I like to promote the way we keep aquarium in Holland. Do you live in the USA?