PDA

View Full Version : How close am I to cycling? (pic)

Mith
02-07-2009, 02:46 AM
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3323/img0002pw0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

coachfraley
02-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Looking good, lol!

At least it looks like the worst of it is over.

cocoa_pleco
02-07-2009, 05:25 AM
fairly close, youve still got some ammonia but the ites and ates are high so should be any time now

Mith
02-07-2009, 05:31 AM
I'll know I'm done when the amonia goes to zero over night right?

After I took the first measurements of amonia (and ites and ates) I adde more amonia to bring it back up to 4-5 ppm. I keep adding amonia every day (or until it's 4-5 ppm) until it (the amonia) completely dissappears over night (24 hrs) right!

I'm ALL OVER IT!... WOOT WOOT!

cocoa_pleco
02-07-2009, 05:39 AM
yep, ammonia is zero. after that, do large water change to kill off the ites and voila

Mith
02-07-2009, 05:57 AM
yep, ammonia is zero. after that, do large water change to kill off the ites and voila

When someone says "Voila" to me.... and actually spells it correctly.... I KNOW that person's in the game! WOOT WOOT!

"Large"... would that be, oh say, 50%?? (he asked enthusiastically)

cocoa_pleco
02-07-2009, 06:37 AM
yep, 50-75%

Mith
02-07-2009, 06:44 AM
yep, 50-75%

Less see.... 125 gallon tank.. @ 75% (Mith mumbles several indepth mathmatical calculations....)..... HOLY CRAP!

Thanks... I'll stop smoking now so I have the wind to get through this!

Sharon
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
With a tank of that size, I'd invest in a python syphon system...it'll make water changes a LOT easier! Looks like the tank will be cycled soon. When Nitrites peak, drop the Ammonia back to 3ppm. Actually, from looking at the pics I'd say you could do that now....wait for another opinion though!

Mith
02-07-2009, 12:21 PM
With a tank of that size, I'd invest in a python syphon system...it'll make water changes a LOT easier! Looks like the tank will be cycled soon. When Nitrites peak, drop the Ammonia back to 3ppm. Actually, from looking at the pics I'd say you could do that now....wait for another opinion though!

Hi Sharon! I've been here ALL NIGHT waiting for people to wake up and give their input... LOL. SUCKS being the only person away and on the board.

I've been looking here ---> http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/ to get ideas for fish. I'm NOW thinking about Peacocks because they're a little more doscile. I'd LIKE to get some Gobies too since the peacocks are docile (according to that site above I posted). If I could get peacocks and gobies together (or clown loaches) I think I'd be pretty happy (taking into consideration that I'm old, ugly and fat... hehe).

Sharon
02-07-2009, 01:20 PM
That is a really good sized tank for Clown Loaches, and they ARE such lovely fish! thumbs2: I'm not familiar with Peacocks but I'll have a look at the site you posted, later. I've got to go out....

Mith
02-07-2009, 01:22 PM
That is a really good sized tank for Clown Loaches, and they ARE such lovely fish! thumbs2: I'm not familiar with Peacocks but I'll have a look at the site you posted, later. I've got to go out....

Ya, and those clown loaches get HUGE!... LOL. Good thing they have a docile temperament...heh. They'd dwarf the peacocks full grown!

Have fun "going out"...cya when ya return! I'll be here... I'm ALWAYS here... (sigh.... specially when everyone else is in bed... GRRRR)... LOL

Lady Hobbs
02-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeee............Even with a bit of a set back it looks like you got it going on. Sometimes you think that nitrite will never drop. It takes it awhile then starts to go down pretty quickly.

You're having a testbook perfect cycle right now.

Mith
02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeee............Even with a bit of a set back it looks like you got it going on. Sometimes you think that nitrite will never drop. It takes it awhile then starts to go down pretty quickly.

You're having a testbook perfect cycle right now.

Well ya know maam, years of studying... years of fishology... years of aquariolgistivity... you just pretty much get to know your way around the o'l aquaribriogy. I didn't just fall off the ... the... well, you know the rest.:22:

Lady Hobbs
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
How much liquid you putting in those vials? You only add water to the line, you know. Those look full to the top.

PS.......this is a good way to show newbies just how vital those tests are. You could never "look" at your water and see results such as this. It sure takes all the quess work out of cycling.

Mith
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
How much liquid you putting in those vials? You only add water to the line, you know. Those look full to the top.

PS.......this is a good way to show newbies just how vital those tests are. You could never "look" at your water and see results such as this. It sure takes all the quess work out of cycling.

I'm pretty maticulous about getting the water right to the lines in the viles. They only look that way because they're laying down maam. I'm a professional, please don't doubt my professionalismisticly....lol

I just checked the amonia. After that test last night, I added more amonia probably brought it up to 3ppm.... this morning it's back to 1ppm... I'M VERY VERY CLOSE!.... lol