PDA

View Full Version : 75 gallon shopping list

labnjab
02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Well the dark side is growing stronger by the day so I decided to start putting together a shopping list for a 75 gallon reef as it will take me months to save up for it, and will take any suggestions

Liverock and sand

I'll use the 50#'s in my 29 as well as buy 50 to 75 lbs more, I want to leave swimming room and open sand, but I also want plenty for filtration. I am also going to try and find enough live sand from someone else

Tank
I'll find a reef ready, used 75. I'm also going to get a 30 long (if they make it) or a 40 long for a sump, I want to have a large fuge with a DSB in this one. I will have someone custom make a stand for me

Skimmer-
Probably a Coralife 125 or 220, what ever I can fit into the sump I am getting

Powerheads
I was think 2 Korilia 4's or 3 Korilia 3's, but I don't know exactly what i want yet

Lights

I want to get a large t-5 ho fixture with as many bulbs as I can get, or if I somehow with the lottery, a LED fixture, I don't really want to get into SPS but I do want a clam and anenome

Heater
I'm going to go with a couple of visatherm stealth heaters with a decent heat controller

I've run out of time on my lunch break, but I'll post more when I get time. Let me know what you think and feel free to make any suggestions. Thank you