PDA

View Full Version : american flag fish

lovleeko
02-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Anyone like these? I read they were kinda rare. They have them at the LFS and I love them. I was thinking of adding some. Since they are killies would they stay at the top?

Red
02-06-2009, 03:18 AM
Yes i believe so and would venture around the tank to eat algae so you would have to supplment some with veggies.. But they do like cooler water

Northernguy
02-06-2009, 03:18 PM
They are fin nippers! they also get very mean when spawning.The male will even beat up on the female when spawning.

Lov empty your mail box!

lovleeko
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
They are fin nippers! they also get very mean when spawning.The male will even beat up on the female when spawning.

Lov empty your mail box!

Thanks NG. Guess I'll leave these fellows out then. LOL You think they fin nip with just one in a tank?

Yes sir mailbox is good to go! :)

Northernguy
02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I sent you some info on those fish.thumbs2:

lovleeko
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks NG. I think I changed my mind. More trouble than their worth.

annageckos
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I had had these guys before. They can be a pain in the butt :rolleyes: . Mine nipped fins and constantly chased the other fish. They would also nip my hand what I had to do something in the tank. They didn't eat algea very well either.

Anna

lovleeko
02-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I had had these guys before. They can be a pain in the butt :rolleyes: . Mine nipped fins and constantly chased the other fish. They would also nip my hand what I had to do something in the tank. They didn't eat algea very well either.

Anna

Thanks for sharing Anna! I definitely decided these guys are not cute enough to deal with. LOL

Lady Hobbs
02-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry these fish didn't work for you because I've read they're great aglae eaters. Glad you brought this topic up, tho, so I will not be looking into them anymore either.