PDA

View Full Version : Electric blue lobsters

gaddygurl02
02-08-2006, 03:51 AM
one of my lfs' has these guys. i was wondering if i got a couple for a 5 1/2 quarantine tank to keep the substrate clean and keep the tank cycled. i have a betta in this tank and a sick ram that i don't think will last much longer but i want to know how easy the lobsters are to keep. anything else on them would be greatly appreciated. thanx

gaddygurl02
02-08-2006, 03:09 PM
nevermine. i was able to find some things on them and they get to big for an aquarium of that size and they eat small fish. i don't want them taking out my betta. i think ghost shrimp will be a better idea.

ben128
08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
hiya mate i got a lobster they are really good for watchin only problem is they eat smaller fish which u stated and they will eat anythin on the bottom a part from the sucker fucker,

Fishguy2727
08-15-2006, 12:16 AM
shrimp wont keep the q tank cycled, you may want to keep a sponge filter running in an established tank to move to the q tank when needed, or use a filter on the q tank that is compatible with the cartridges in a filter on the established tank so you can move a cartridge over to the q tank when needed.