PDA

View Full Version : I did it again!! Shhhhhhh!

kobusclan
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Yep! I couldn't help myself! LOL I have always wanted a golden retriever and I finally got myself and my kids one! LOL So, here she is.....beautiful as she can be! She is heavy and solid and only 9wks old!!! She's gonna be a MOOSE!! :hmm3grin2orange: Her name is Cadence (I have all boys....they wanted a football-ish name!! LOL) She is the most laid back, calm, carefree, and loving pup we have EVER had! I can't believe we waited soooo long to get this breed!! I can't say enough about her! Oh...I taught her how to sit in 5 minutes!! WOW! She still knows what it means and does it on cue!! She also already knows how to play fetch! :hmm3grin2orange: I can't wait to continue her training....she is soooooo smart!! :19:

Deleted User
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
That is one very beautiful pup kobusclan. She maybe calm, laid back etc now. Just wait till she starts chewing EVERYTHING from the kitchen cupboard doors to the carpet. If you have a lino floor any where it won't be there long. These and Labradors are terrible chewing machines.:ssmile:

William
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
very cute indeed!

Fishalicious
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Awwwwww what a cutie!! I grew up with one as a little kid and they are wonderful dogs!! Big kids that eat and eat and eat some more if you don't watch LOL

Northernguy
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Thats a great looking pup!:22:
Labs are very smart.Get lots of chew toys now!lol
I go to the buck store and get all kinds of squeaky toys and rope toys.An assortment is best to stop him from getting bored and finding something more expensive to rip apart.I even got him a toy box to keep his stuff in.He loves it and I can almost get him to put his toys away now too.lol
Puppys are wonderful toys!

Sharon
02-03-2009, 05:18 PM
What a sweetie!!! thumbs2:

sandy_n
02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
What a sweet face. I bet Balboa likes her...:hmm3grin2orange:

kobusclan
02-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Awwwhhh...Thanks EVERYONE!! I know she will be a chewer! LOL My brother-in-law has one, but he has always had his well trained from the begining and so no major issues! LOL I plan to train her well....everyday is a learning experience! :hmm3grin2orange:

Rue
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Cute puppy! Boy! You're gonna have your hands full!

We bred and raised a horse that I named Cadence. Love the name.thumbs2:

When we sold her, her new owners renamed her 'Princess'....

Brookfish
02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Now that's a cute pup, best of luck with her!!

troy
02-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Cute puppy.:19:

Lady Hobbs
02-04-2009, 12:01 AM
She's a doll. Do you know golden labs and retrievers are the number one preferred dog. They are just the best.

kobusclan
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Thank you everyone! She is a doll!

Rue..... I love Cadence too! It was my 17yr old sons choice to name her...and he did a great job! Those people who bought and changed the name of your horse....should have kept the name..."Princess" is to common!
I had a horse when I was a kid...and she was all shiny black with a white moon crescent on her forehead....so I named her..."Ebony Crescent Moon"

Ladyhobbs...... I know that labs and goldens are a popular choice....and now I know why!! What a wonderful pup she is!! thumbs2:

Brookfish....and Troy.....Thank you!!

Jellygirl
02-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh what a cute pup - she is sooo sweet. I love labs and retrievers.

Jellygirl

Mvjnz
02-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Very cute:)

To avoid chewing problems, give her her own little enclosed area or room where she has everything she needs, and never feed her out of a bowl, get the toys that you can fill with toys and put the daily amount of food in it. That way she has to chew it to eat, and it keeps her from chewing other things. Basically it teaches her to chew nothing but her toys.

Also use her food for training, instead of using treats in addition to regular food. Obviously tasty treats are ok for when you're doing something difficult or scary, such as walking out in public and meeting new people and dogs.

HomaridNoob6
02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Oh wow, I had to show my whole family your pics of her, so cute. We're missing our old golden we lost a bit over a year ago. He lived to a ripe age of almost 17! He was probably one of the greatest dogs ever(IMO) Since then we have more dogs, but i would love another golden, just cannot justify getting one, i don't have the time to give another dog the attention needed. Ours was never a chewer, he only chewed up 1 thing in his life, a bannister on our stairs. The rest of his litter however, they were big chewers and destroyers.

Beauty of a golden there, best of luck, and enjoy her. I'm sure you and your kids will love her and she'll love you back!

Gemini
02-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Oh she is just too adorable!!!
I can't wait until I buy a house so I can have a dog again!!!!

kobusclan
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Mvjnz...Thanks for the adivice!

Lobsternoob......Sorry about your Golden! 17yrs...WOW! ....Thats great!
I couldn't be happier with mine! She is the smartest dog I have ever seen, to be only 9wks old!! She is a ray of sunshine for my kids! They can't get enough of her! LOL

Gemini..... Thank you! I recommend a GOLDEN!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

fishlover49
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Awwww, what a sweetheart!! thumbs2:

Hailey
02-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh wow she is so cute!!! Puppys are so damn cute, especially golden retrievers. Congrats

kobusclan
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
fishlover.....and....

Hailey..... Thank you!! :hmm3grin2orange: I think she cute too!! LOL

Jellygirl
02-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi kobusclan,

So come on - give us an update, how's she doing for crying out loud:hmm3grin2orange:

I have shown the pictures to my family and they all melted - bless em.

Jellygirl

Ryuu
02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
I used to have two goldens till they both had to be put down =( They are the best tempred and friendly dogs IMO I love them all XD

The Shield
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Very cute pup! thumbs2:

kobusclan
02-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Ryuu....Thank you!

Shield....Thank you! ............................

I also have a new found love for goldens!!

Jellygirl..... She is doing wonderful!! She is soooo smart! She is picking up the housetraining....she can sit on demand, and fetch, and she knows..."calm down!" LOL She is great!!! She has a bunch of pink toys!! LOL...but her favorite is her WOOBIE! I don't think I have ever owned a better dog!! thumbs2: Oh, and she loves to go bye bye!! LOL