PDA

View Full Version : freddie got his eviction notice

mrs fishpatrick
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
This morning I was witnes to my frog again attacking my cory and this time sucseeding, 20 mins later he was on display in the LFS.
It is a shame and the kids will miss it and it always used to be a good conversation point for my guests but hey, can't have that in my fishtank.
Bye bye freddie (or more likely Frieda)

Deleted User
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Sounds like he was quite agressive. You did the right thing. :ssmile:

I have seen those frogs at my LFS. Never thought about having one though. Not my sort of thing. :ssmile:

mrs fishpatrick
02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't know was it aggression
mory like glutony, it was a greedy b******d
used to hog all the fresh food I put in the tank and then swim around with
its fat belly, it turned my stomach when I seen it eat the cory but it was too late, it went in head first

Deleted User
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't know was it aggression
mory like glutony, it was a greedy b******d
used to hog all the fresh food I put in the tank and then swim around with
its fat belly, it turned my stomach when I seen it eat the cory but it was too late, it went in head first

Jeez I didn't realise you ment he actually ate the cory. OMG. :ssuprised: :scry:

Sharon
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Oh my!!!...that would be upsetting! :ssuprised:

mrs fishpatrick
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
it did turn my stomach for sure, the cory itself was actually quite handicapped
and should have been culled, but it was quite a strong little fish living without
its pectoral fins and only half its tail, plus the fact the frog already had him in its gob once before, bleh, stupid frog

Brookfish
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
So it took you a whole 20 mins to get the frog to the LFS,
what kept you? lol jk, seriously though it's a pity things didn't work out
in the tank because the kids as you say will miss the frog.
It was probably just being an opportunist, attacking what it thought
was an easy meal, the injured cory, but no one likes to see their pets get eaten and you did the right thing by removing froggie, no point in taking
a chance on a future attack.
I hope harmony soon returns to your tank!!

fraggle
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Ok so now I know not to get an albino frog!!!!

Sorry about your cory Mrs.F.

Gemini
02-03-2009, 11:01 PM
OMG your poor Cory! I"m sorry Mrs FP that you had to see that. :11:

troy
02-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Why no try keeping an african dwarf frog. They won't get big enough to eat your corys. sad to hear about your cory.

Lindsey
02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Sorry about your cory. I owned African clawed frogs for a long time before I ever was into fish, and I think they need to be in a species only tank. We keep them with goldfish and danio at my petstore, and the only movement they ever make is to go after a shiny tail or a pair of fins. Plus they don't even eat, they make no move to go after food and it gets eaten by the fish! Then they get hungry and go after the live fish. It's a crazy cycle, but they really are cool frogs if you can keep a pair or two alone, sorry yours didn't work out!!