PDA

View Full Version : 83 gallon stocking.

mac
02-02-2009, 04:29 AM
Hi guys,

Well I will start of with the sad news. The T. Duboisi died. He was okay for some time. But all of a sudden he started to act odd. The water temp was okay. I had done a water change about 4 days ago, 35%, and the water Parameters were okay. He was not being bullied so I don't know what happened. But with all that aside I have a slight suspicion that it may be the food I was feeding. Apparently they like less high protein, and a mix diet which unfortunately I could not really do.

Edited: Just had another reply from some one who has kept these. The person thinks it is more of being by it's self has made it stress and like wise die.

Well with the bad news aside, the 5 J. Marlieri are doing great. No real fighting has started in the 32 gallon yet. And yes I know I am waiting for the 83 gallon to arrive. So far it appears I have one pair. And may be two.

The 2x Synodontis schoutedeni are great no problems with them. I think they will love the larger tank. They seem quite cramped in their temporary tank.

So with the fish in good health, and when they are shifted into the new tank and I have some $$$ to spare what other Tanganyika's can I keep with these, along with the T.Duboisi, or should I just get a large group of T. Duboisi.

Or may be just let the Juiles breed in the tank?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
mac

Brookfish
02-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Real sorry to hear about your T. Duboisi mac, they are stunning fish.
I have never kept them but I hear they really need to adhere to a
diet that suits their herbivore needs, I believe spirulina flakes are the
food of choice and they are quite partial to the odd lettuce leaf,
let the algae grow on the rocks, they will graze on it to.
I would try for a single species T. Duboisi tank bud, it would look awesome.

mac
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks Brook.
I would like to do that, but I only have the Julies so I can't quite do a species only tank with the T. Duboisi. But the more I think about it I think I will stick to just the Juile the Cats I have, and the Duboisi.

Thanks for the tip with the food. Cheers,

mac

Brookfish
02-03-2009, 11:01 PM
No worries bud. I thought you had another tank for the Julies.

mac
02-03-2009, 11:25 PM
No worries bud. I thought you had another tank for the Julies.

No just the 32, which they are temporally in.

Everything will move to the 83 gallon.

Cheers,
mac

Brookfish
02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
No just the 32, which they are temporally in.

Everything will move to the 83 gallon.

Cheers,
mac

Ok mate, best of luck with them!!

mac
02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks Brook.

mac