PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there ever breed bettas?

JellyFish248
02-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Bruno had a beautiful bubble nest in his tank but isn't interested in nesting in the breeding tank. Crystal, my female, is still in the hurricane glass inside the breeding tank. Neither appear stressed, water temp should be about perfect from what I've read. Any advice? Should I give him more time to look at her and see what happens or should I try it with a different male (I have 4 others)?
I considered releasing Crystal but she is on the aggressive side for a female and I'm not sure Bruno's really in the mood. :goldfish:

JellyFish248
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Good news, Bruno made a nice big nest. I released Crystal into the breeding tank. No spawning yet but so far everything looks good. Bruno is continuing to build his nest and he shows off for his girl. He's been remarkably gentle with her and neither of them seem too stressed out by the whole thing. I've got my fingers crossed and I'm hoping within a couple days they will spawn.

Sharon
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Good luck with it!thumbs2:

JellyFish248
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
poor crystal. I had to give up before she got hurt too bad. I took her out a few days ago. her fins are healing nicely. I got a new female that might be better for big blue Bruno. she's larger than my other girls and is a nice blue. hopefully he's her type. I started introducing Bruno and Belle today. We'll see how it goes.:l19:

Sharon
02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh well! Maybe it'll work the second time! It got very frustrating for me. My male was very gentle and did what he was supposed to, but the females didn't! ( I tried two) The male, who is a quad crowntail blew his tail, which has upset me. :scry: I just gave it up!

Ryuu
02-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I think you just inspired me to try breeding mine =I