PDA

View Full Version : Salousi Holding! Crossbreeding?

jweintraub
02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I noticed when I came in from work last night that my largest and most aggressive Salousi(the one in my avatar) was minding her own business and not getting into everyone else's, which is not like her! I also noticed that she was holding eggs! The weird thing about it is that I have no Idea who's eggs they are? I have 3 Salousi's and 2 are definately female and the other is too young to tell yet. I have a feeling she may have cross bred with the Kenyi, I know it seems weird, but is possible? Thanks for the help!

Abbeys_Mom
02-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmmm, a mystery! Well, congrats on the eggs.

jweintraub
02-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Thank you! I was thinking today that if it is possible that it crossbred with the Kenyi... Female Salousi are Orange, Males are Blue. Female Kenyi are Blue, Female are Orange. This could be interesting!

f1oored
02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I think those two would be unlikely to cross because of their colors. That being said, they are the same genius and it is very possible that they could cross breed.

Are you going to pull your female out or let the fry grow up in the main tank? I have a yellow lab holding now and she is in a seperate tank. Watching the mother care for the fry is quite an experience. Good luck and post pictures if you can.

cocoa_pleco
02-07-2007, 02:41 AM
good luck with all 50 or whatever of your kids! lol

jweintraub
02-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I currently don't have room to move the holding mother because about 2 weeks ago one of my platties had some fry in my community tank which are currently growing out. The main tank it is, thanks for the help!