PDA

View Full Version : This is my new baby!

kobusclan
02-01-2009, 02:20 AM
I went to the shelter yesterday and adopted "DEWEY"! He is such a love bug!! He is HUGE and the pictures don't do him justice! He came with the name....LOL.... He knows it well....so I can't change it! LOL Anyway...just thought I would share! Can you believe they were gonna put him down in 2 more days? OMG! I am sooooo glad I saw him!! :19:

troy
02-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Kudos to you for saving him.thumbs2:

kobusclan
02-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Thank you!! I wish the pictures could show how beautiful he really is....but maybe more later!! He is said to be a maine coon. Anyway, I am glad he is safe!!!

Dave66
02-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Good girl!, adopting a cat from a shelter, and a lovely kitty at that. All of my cats are shelter refugees as well, and like yours, were days from being killed.

Dave

Rue
02-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Congrats! I like the name Dewey.

How old is he?

Lady Hobbs
02-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Unfortunately, there are thousands more just like him. I don't know why people do not get their animals fixed. One dog or cat can literally have hundreds of babies.

Hope he makes a nice pet for you.

Dave66
02-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately, there are thousands more just like him. I don't know why people do not get their animals fixed. One dog or cat can literally have hundreds of babies.

I know, Hobbsy. It's why all mine were fixed as soon as they were old enough to do so. I weep for the millions of innocent dogs and cats put down in shelters because their owners were irresponsible people. I'm too polite to say what I really think of them.

Dave

Sharon
02-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Dewey is lovely!!! Lucky cat!!!thumbs2:

kobusclan
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Dave, Sharon, Rue and Hobbs...... Thank you! He is a pretty boy! He is 2yrs old. His prior owner lost his job and couldn't take care of Dewey or himself anymore. <Thats the story I got! He is a wonderful boy! He is a HUGE LOVE BUG!! LOL He gives kisses and he is SOOOOO BIG!! LOL He weighs 18lbs and they say...still growing! I guess I was told that maine coons grow in size and fur for about 5yrs. Don't know how true that is...but never the less.....I love him! He is wonderful!! thumbs2:

Rue
02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Glad you're enjoying him! He's still a very young cat!thumbs2:

gm72
02-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Beautiful cat and great job rescuing him. My wife is the manager of the local Humane Society so we now have 5 dogs (fostering 3 pit puppies, keeping one to make 6) and 8 cats. All rescues. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

As to the Maine Coon, yes, agreed there is a lot of Coon in him. Beautiful!

Jellygirl
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
He is beautiful. What a lucky cat he is for you coming by when you did.

Now we have owned cats, I think next time I will get an ordinary cat too. My husband is frightened of them a little and I had to wait 10 years to get my first. (which is a strange cat but true to its breed).

I wish the governments would tighten the laws regarding breeding and unwanted pets. It makes me so cross too, I'm sure it would create jobs to enforce this law - hopefully funded by those who break it. Perhaps people would think twice about puppy and kitten farms that pop up all over the country. Perhaps the answer is that only puppies, and kittens who are of a certain age - old enough to be steralised - should be sold to the public. Imagine having to care for 6 puppies for the first year of their lives. I know if I considered buying a puppy at 12 months old who had not been taught any manners or trained the basics of sit and stay, I would think twice about the intentions of the breeder.

Anyway hopefully you will be able to post some more pictures soon and update us on his antics and personality.

Jellygirl

Poofaye C.
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I weep for the millions of innocent dogs and cats put down in shelters because their owners were irresponsible people. I'm too polite to say what I really think of them.

Dave

Couldn't agree more Dave.

That's a sharp lookng fellow kobu!

kobusclan
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
gm72..... WOW....alot of dogs and cats! I think I might be catching up to ya though!! LOL I just got a golden retriever puppy yesterday!! LOL

Jellygirl.....Thanks! I think he really likes his new home! He is a sweet boy and loves affection! He is so passive! I love it! LOL

sandy_n
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
What a handsome lucky guy! How is Balboa doing with him?

kobusclan
02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Balboa actuall does better with him then the little kitty! LOL I think his size lets Boa know...that he is not to be messed with!! LOL

Hailey
02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Well Dewys now that bad, I like it, it could have been much worse, lol. I love when people adopt! It really shows good intention and kindness in the person. Hes lucky you picked him up!