PDA

View Full Version : Spotted hawkfish

labnjab
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Somebody on a local reef forum is giving away a 2inch spotted hawkfish (he says a pair have seahorses have evicted him and he needs a new home, lol), and we were wondering if it would get along ok with our clowns. I know our Coral Banded shrimp may be at risk, but were willing to take that risk because the CBS has been a trouble make recently, but I think its ok because it is very large for a shrimp

Rue
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Should be okay! Just make sure they have places to perch...

unleashed
01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I find it hard to believe that seahorses have evicted a hawkfish. I would think that the guy is trying to get rid of the hawkfish because it was being a PITA towards the seahorses......................

labnjab
01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
probably, the seahorses just had babies, lol. The guy has it in his frag tank now. Were gonna pick it up tonight. Thank you. It has a few spots to perch. It should like my purple birdsnest, our clown goby did before it went MIA

labnjab
01-31-2009, 02:49 AM
We have him now and its acclimated. The female clown was a little pissed and lunged at him a few times at first, but she never touched it and seems to be ok with it now and is ignoring it. I'll have some pics once it gets settled in. He's roaming the tank now. Its a little bigger then I thought but not too big and has beautiful coloration. I'll see if it eat some mysis and hopefully NLS tomorrow

rageybug
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Any pics yet?

labnjab
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Heres a decent pic

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/jabsgirlforever/100_0257.jpg

He's doing great so far