PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

lelu_goil_fishbreeding
01-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I have 3 goldfish. I know this is for tropical fish, but I was hoping that you guys could help me with my goldfish. I have 2 females and 1 male. Are the 2 females going to fight, or are they going to be okay? Also, is there anyway that I could get the eggs to stick to just one thing so that I can move it somewhere safer to protect them before they hatch? I need as much knowledge of the breeding info that I need BEFORE their spawning time comes into play. Cause, I would like to know everything before they start to breed!! If you could back to me ASAP that would be GREAT!! Or you can privately message me, I don't really care, I just need the information. Also, I have one last question, can goldfish and mickey mouse tail fish be in the same tank and not kill each other or fight?? Thanks!! :goldfish: :22: :help: :oink:

Ryuu
01-30-2009, 02:29 AM
First, what is your tank size? Normally goldfish can get from 6"-12" So a 55 gallon or more may be needed. Females generally don't fight with eachother, its normally only the males. As for breeding, you can remove the eggs and put them into another tank till they hatch, or move the egg carrying female and male into the breeding tank, wait for her to lay, and him to fertilize, then move them both back.

Mike

Northernguy
01-30-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/breeding/goldfish.phpWelcome to the Wonderful AC!:22:
Here is a link with more info for you but if your tank is too small you will have some problems!

Wild Turkey
01-31-2009, 03:20 AM
Welcome to ac!!!!!! :19: thumbs2:

Goldfish are a lot more care intensive than most think when they buy them.