PDA

View Full Version : how does this look? (picture of moss in tank)

lovleeko
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Had this moss sitting in a window in a small cup of water forever. Added to my tank a while back not really knowing how sitting in the window effected it. How does it look? It isn't as green as my other mosses are. I was thinking of maybe adding a bit of liquid fert to give it a pick me up. IDK

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/misc017.jpg

cer
01-30-2009, 02:01 AM
I love that ram. The moss looks awsome to!

lovleeko
01-30-2009, 02:02 AM
thanks gemini. I hope so. I think it looks like it will be okay. You think so?

Ryuu
01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
I like it alot. It will grow fine, java moss is very hardy, and it takes a lot to kill it. Java moss will quickly take over the coconut and the surrounding plants though. So if you just want it on the house, be sure to get rid of the excess moss. I mad this mistake in my twenty gallon and now the plastic plants are ridden with java moss.

Mike

lovleeko
01-30-2009, 02:11 AM
thanks! I don't mind a bit of pruning. There are very low lights in there so I dont think it will grow that fast. I read some places how fast it grows and others how slow it grows. Guess it depends. ??

Ryuu
01-30-2009, 02:20 AM
It really depends on how well the requirements are met. I didn't have the recomended requirements for mine, yet within six months it owns the tank already. I'm sure it will do great in your tank!

Mike

matthew.shelly
03-31-2009, 05:42 AM
you ought to tie half in trimmings all around the 'hut' with fishing line. then let it grow out so none of the shell is showing. it'll be a moss hut and will look greeat in the tank.