PDA

View Full Version : 1 Of 4?

Corndawg
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Had a question about these Wal-Mart apongen (I cant spell it) bulbs I bought about a week ago. Out of the 4, one of them has about a 1/2in green sprout coming out, while the others show nothing, but white mold growing on them. Should I discard these other 3 that are molding? Or will they also grow eventually. Any input appriciated!

btate617
01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I got some bulbs maybe 10 years ago from walmart and same thing. If there were 5 in the pack 1 or 2 would grow. Tried 4 maybe 5 packs and always the same result for me.

Corndawg
01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah Ive heard that from many people. But are the moldy ones NEVER going to grow? Ive heard both, mold means they are bad, and mold wont hurt the plant. I dont know if I should wait to see if the others do anything or discard them.

btate617
01-28-2009, 09:35 PM
If something in one of my tanks had mold on it I would get rid of it. And I bought mine a long time ago for like $2.00 for 5 bulbs. If they are still that price keep trying until you get the number you want maybe.......

Corndawg
01-28-2009, 09:39 PM
The packs are like $3 for 3-4 bulbs. I guess I will give the others one more day, if they dont sprout anything, Ill take them out.

eteller
03-03-2009, 06:48 PM
None of mine grew, same result for a friend's tank.

Algenco
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
if you still have the package contact the distributor, they will replace them

DrNic
03-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Bulbs like that are really hit or miss. I've had packages where all 5 bulbs were fine, and others were they were all dead. If you saved the package there is often an address on the back where you can return dead bulbs for new ones. Not many people do this but honestly, if you paid for them you should get live bulbs. When I've returned dead bulbs, the ones I get on the return are almost always alive. They are probably just fresher. There is no way to know how old the bulbs are in the store so it's impossible to judge if they are still alive or not. I really wish they would include a packing date on them.