PDA

View Full Version : Betta and pygmy compatability

ctaggart
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I realize that each individual fish is different. That being said; I'd like to add a betta into my 10 gallon tank. Currently the only fish in that tank are 4 pygmy corys. They're tiny. Each less than 1/2 inch long. Would a betta bully and attack them?

Sharon
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
It should be fine...just keep an eye on them, in case you've got a cranky Betta!

Sharkman
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
like sharon said, should be no problems. If the cories are already in there even better. Enjoy.

wolf_eyes
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Just make sure you have a back up plan for the betta in case the worse happens. Bettas can be tricky to get tank mates . My male betta did not get along with my cories so he was moved to a different tank, but the female betta I got later on loves my cories and will spend a lot of her time following them around or hiding underneath the driftwood with them.

karbomb
01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
i agree with the advise you've already got. my male betta did fine in my 10g with corys, danios, and amano shrimp. i had to keep an eye on him at first though. he took to chasing my danios, who then all ganged up on him and i think my betta learned his lesson. after that he was very peaceful and never went after another fish.