PDA

View Full Version : SILVER DOLLAR EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giggles
02-05-2006, 09:31 PM
ok my silver dollar i got about 6 months ago had fin rot, but that was gone and his fins never grew back all the way but it was never a problem before, but this morning i found him upside down so i thought he was dead so i was going to scoop him out but he started moving again and he is kind of losing his color and he is bloated and he is swimming upside down and i gave him some of mela-fix fish medecine and i want to know what happened to him, if you have any ideas could you tell me?
thankyou.

William
02-06-2006, 08:54 AM
The first thing I would do is to do an emergeny check of your water parameters. How is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels in the aquarium?

If any thing is wrong make a large water change right away. (do this if you lack test kits too)

Do you keep other fish in the auarium? are they okey ?

Any sudden temperature changes?

The fish might be beyond saving

giggles
02-10-2006, 02:27 PM
my fish are fine, i also have this tinfoil barb in the tank that suddenly decided to eat all my fish, i now have 2 fish left and my tinfoil barb in the net so he can't get them anymore. could that be related to the sickness?

William
02-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your eaten fish.

Well the tinfoil barb could have stressed the silver dollar but that wouldn't explain the bloating.

Could have been constipation, or just that he swallod air as well as a number of other fish but there are no use in speculating if your fish is ok now.

DemonShark
04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I think this is Dropsy when the fish bloates and scales protue accumalted to liquad in the body The fluid may affect other fish but may not my best advice it to remove the fish and if it recovers then add it.