PDA

View Full Version : Paddy NSW Australia

Paddy
01-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Hello,
I just Bought 2 Oscars and althouh Ph is Ok I feel Amonia level may not be, can anyone advise.
Paddy 26th Jan
Australia Day
:fish2:

Wild Turkey
01-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Welcome! :19:
What size tank?
What are the parameters exactly?
Waterchange the ammonia down to 1ppm immediately and take a look at the fishless cycling stickies and the e-book. You many also want to pick up nitrite and nitrate tests, you are going to need them next.
Test the ammonia and water change it down to 1ppm everyday for now.

By the way, if you post questions in the appropriate sections you will get answers much faster

angelcakes
01-26-2009, 08:26 AM
hello and welcome:19: :19:

korith
01-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the site. There is a link http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html here that explains how the cycling process goes. If the tank wasn't cycled before you added the oscars you'll want to stay on top of water changes and watch the water quality closely. Get a test kit if you can.

Deleted User
01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi welcome to AC:ssmile:

sandy_n
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi and welcome to AC....:ssmile:

Brookfish
01-27-2009, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the Forum Paddy!! :22:

Paddy
01-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Proper Forum, H'mmm, I am new, apologies, Direct me.

My ammonia level is Midway between the Yellow and the Far Darkest Green.
Little B***ers are eating everything I put in straight from Fingers even.
I dont Have Gravel I have Glass Stones and Plastic Plants and I dont have a Bristle nose yet as I cant find one big enough to prevent Oscars eating it.
I have....Prime & Sera ammovec,???.
I read in an on line Oscar Paper Feed em Kitchen Scraps,?? I am at my Computer most of Day because of situation Broadcasting Country Music to Radio Stations and they are Beside m watching every move I make..

Anyhow Thanks Watching Board, Now again which Forum :ssuprised: should I join next time.??:help:

Paddy
27th Jan

escamosa
01-27-2009, 08:35 AM
G'day Paddy, i'm new here to but it does'nt take long to work things out.
You get lot's more results by starting a new thread in the general or maybe the beginners forum.
Hope you enjoy yourself, i think A.C's great.
Almost forgot, i'm in N.S.W to.
Hope to talk soon.:22:

Paddy
01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
We Aussies must Love Pets, I have had to go to extreems to Bring Aviary Birds indoors during this (up to 45c) heatwave here. My auto Mister is too Hot even. My Ferrets also enjoying AirCon indoors.
Thanks from Downtown Windsor NSW
Paddy
PS I broadcast Country Music Show to www. Radio Live.
Not Sure if I can Post my Website here or Not, I am sure someone will say Yeah or Nay.

Northernguy
01-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the Fabulous AC!:22:
I do believe you can post your web site in your signature!