PDA

View Full Version : picture of betta bulb

lovleeko
01-25-2009, 07:23 PM
I forgot to even pay attention to the betta bulbs in the window. Two of them came out. One with a vengeance. Anyone know what the heck it is? LOL Anyway, guess sometimes you get lucky and get one that actually blooms. I'm not even putting it in the betta tanks. I'm going to stick it in another tank becuase the betta tanks are full.

P.S pay no attention to the dirty counter which I have been fooling with all this crap on:hmm3grin2orange:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/bettabulbs002.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/bettabulbs003.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/bettabulbs004.jpg

bushwhacker
01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
got me lov but it looks like its growin great... arent most of those bulbs some type of aponegeton? not sure of the spelling

lovleeko
01-25-2009, 10:04 PM
got me lov but it looks like its growin great... arent most of those bulbs some type of aponegeton? not sure of the spelling

I think I remember the box saying that there would be at least three of the things you mentioned. hmm. Guess that's what it is. Thanks.

Most people say the bulbs never bloom and for the most part I guess it's true. I can't imagine it would be hard to take care of seeing that it has grown like that in a window in a cup of water. The root system is huge. The cup barley had any water in it anymore. I totally forgot about them. Thanks bushwhackerthumbs2:

bushwhacker
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
from what i have read plant the roots and half of the bulb and watch out cause they will grow fast, and supposedly ya cant trim em or they'll die... dont know just my reading on it

karbomb
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
i'm not sure what that is, but when i got my bulbs close to three years ago, only the two lillies sprouted. now i have two lilly plants that have separated from the bulb, and two bulbs that are growing. so sometimes they do work.

DrNic
03-22-2009, 06:21 PM
It's definitly an apon not a lilly. Hard to tell what species though. Once it gets a little bigger the leaves will get bigger and you should be able to get a better idea. There are a LOT of apon types around these days.

Jacko
03-22-2009, 06:52 PM
the bulb itself looks like an apon bulb, at least, it looks alot more like my apons than my dwarf lily.

Do you know what brand the box was? Maybe shoot them an email and ask what types of plants they usually throw in there...

lovleeko
03-23-2009, 05:47 AM
the bulb itself looks like an apon bulb, at least, it looks alot more like my apons than my dwarf lily.

Do you know what brand the box was? Maybe shoot them an email and ask what types of plants they usually throw in there...

No I dont remember. It is growing great though. http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/retrokid2002/crazymystery004.jpg

It is in the back right hand corner :) Excuse the tank. I really need to get in there and arrange some things. I have been slacking on the maintenance in this tank. LOL

mommy1
03-23-2009, 06:11 AM
what a lovely tank. what is the red fosh in the top left corner?

lovleeko
03-23-2009, 06:18 AM
what a lovely tank. what is the red fosh in the top left corner?

Oh thank you. I need to clean things up in there. LOL That is a male cherry barb or a crowntail betta not sure which one you are asking about :)

mommy1
03-23-2009, 06:32 AM
thanks, i was talking about the cherry barb. i am a newb but i do know a betta when i see one :hmm3grin2orange: . and your tank looks good to me i cant see any major cleaning needs, maybe i need a new monitor for my computer. :18:

lovleeko
03-23-2009, 06:45 AM
thanks, i was talking about the cherry barb. i am a newb but i do know a betta when i see one :hmm3grin2orange: . and your tank looks good to me i cant see any major cleaning needs, maybe i need a new monitor for my computer. :18:

LOL. I am a bit of a perfectionist but just to point out what needs to be done..... LOL The banana plant needs to be anchored AGAIN:14: There is algae all over the back wall. Which I HATE. And I am in need of some more back ground plants to really give it a more dense look. Am I just picky? LOL Thank you for the compliment. I figured you knew the betta. :) Cherry barbs are great though if you are interested. The males do this neat dance in front of each other. Pretty interesting. I used to keep them in all of my tanks :)

HomaridNoob6
03-23-2009, 06:50 AM
Not to offend, but you are just picky lol, that tank looks very nice :) I let my banana plants float around and settle where they wind up. they shift all over my 50g all the time, I like it that way, until they wind up in the filter intake, hehe then I move them. It's mainly because my GT digs them up all the time, but they don't seem to be hurt by it.

Poofaye C.
03-23-2009, 06:54 AM
I like that bannana plant method noob! Let it do what it's gonna do.

Jacko
03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
The tank looks great! I love the betta.thumbs2:

That is definitely an apon, haven't a clue what species though. I've had that one before, got it out of the random apon tank at the LFS...

lovleeko
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
The tank looks great! I love the betta.thumbs2:

That is definitely an apon, haven't a clue what species though. I've had that one before, got it out of the random apon tank at the LFS...

Thanks! Yeah I gave up knowing what kind. Oh well. Who cares I guess. :) It is growing well and I guess that's all that matters. :)

troy
03-24-2009, 01:51 AM
It looks like an a. crispus to me.