PDA

View Full Version : What a pleasant but unforeseen problem.

PUNISHER VETTE
01-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Well i went to thin out the large amount of frogbit i had in my 110g.

I knew there would be some cherry shrimp that would be up there hiding and would be netted out accident so i got a bucket and filled it with water to have them drop to the bottom.

Took 2 scoops with a net and emptied it into the bucket. Looked down to see if i caught any shrimp and hell....there were about 5 large ones and 50 babies. So small that I probably couldn't see them when looking in the tank, but in the bucket very noticeable.

Now that was only 2 scoops of probably 30 needed thin the plants out enough.

I think I should seriously go to the local area fish exchange and see if anyone wants some frogbit with cherry shrimp. It's either that or pull each plant out individually, dip to get shrimp off and discard the plant. Only problem is there are some tiny snails on the plants as well that i wouldn't want others having to deal with.

Lady Hobbs
01-25-2009, 07:59 PM
You probably have 300 in that tank then. Don't worry about a few. They will keep making more.

DrNic
03-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Are cherry shrimp compatible with livebearers? Would you be willing to setup a sale/trade for some of the shrimp? No one around here has any.

PM me if you'd be willing to set something up! Thanks!

PUNISHER VETTE
03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
this is an old thread.

I got rid of 99.9% of my frogbit and killed off most of my shrimp trying to take care of my black brush algae problem....

cocoa_pleco
03-22-2009, 07:50 PM
No one around here has any.

PM Algenco. he might still be selling them

Algenco
03-22-2009, 07:59 PM
PM Algenco. he might still be selling them

Thanks Cocoa, but I won't have any for a month or so

DrNic
03-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Sorry for the delayed response. I always forget to check the dates.

If anyone has any cherry shrimp avalible let me know. No one around here sells them and the last online order I placed arrived DOA due to horrible packing by the seller.