PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Barb not eating

rookie
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
hello,
I have a 10 gallon tank with 4 tiger barbs left out of 5 and one angel fish. the barbs have been in the tank for about 2 months or so and the angel fish has been in there about 5 months, but now one of the barbs seems noticable smaller then the rest. I have been doing alot of reading latley and one no brainer i picked up was to watch them eat and last night i noticed that the little one did not eat at all. what can i do i dont want to loose another barb.
Also i dont know if this is related but my ph is very acidic however when i was reading everyone said not to flucuate the ph if everything else was ok.

Sharon
01-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't have any advice but I too, have had trouble keeping Tiger Barbs. I've lost 5 out of 7, in the last few weeks. I won't be replacing them. I also have low PH from the tap, but rocks in the tank keep PH around 7.

troy
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
A 10 gallon tank is too small for a angelfish.

rookie
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
i do have a one big rock as a center peice however i dont know what type of rock it is

rookie
01-20-2009, 02:58 PM
i am slowly relizing that the angel fish is going to be big, its growing really fast. however i do have a 20gallon long tank that is not being used i have to get a stand and a hood for it. Also i just found out that my freind might give me a 55 gallon so i think by the time it outgrows the tank i will be ready.

mac
01-21-2009, 01:26 AM
HMM. To me it sounds like the Barb is being pushed away from eating.
IMO I would convert the 20 gallon long into a Tiger Barb only tank, with a good size school like say 10 Tiger Barbs.

As for the Angels they need tall tank like a 20 inch high tank. The length is not a real problem. But the hight these fish grow to is high than length.

IMO I would look at a 50 gallon tall for these fish.

mac