PDA

View Full Version : Zebra Danio's ppttfff!

Lady Hobbs
02-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Just got 6 today and don't like them already. I love my long-finned blue danio's but I can see them swimming about. Zebra's hang so tight to the surface you can't even see them.

jeffs99dime
02-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Just got 6 today and don't like them already. I love my long-finned blue danio's but I can see them swimming about. Zebra's hang so tight to the surface you can't even see them.

lol. i have the same problem with my glowlight tetra. i have a chair that i sit in to observe them! lol it's weird though, i've had glowlights on other occasions and usually they roam all over the tank, independantly. not these guys. lol

Lady Hobbs
02-03-2007, 01:49 AM
These danio's will probably go in the tank with the others I don't like..........my hi fin whites and rosie tetra's. The tank that nothing will ever die in!

Wallyfish
02-03-2007, 06:57 AM
They do like to swim at the surface a lot. I think they swim close to the surface partly because they sense your presence and are big food hogs.

Lady Hobbs
02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I have red tail rasbora's that I love and also long-finned danio's. Like both of them a lot. But these zebra's hang right on the surface of the water and you can't even find them in the bubbles. No wonder people use them for cycling. LOL

bielbugs
02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I have 4 zebra danios and 1 long finned leopard danio. The first couple days they stayed mainly at the top. Now they are all over my tank. Some even scavenge the bottom for leftover food. Sometimes they chase each other around.

Severus
02-03-2007, 04:52 PM
My zebra danios are all over my 20gal. They used to school together tightly and now they all seem independant. Try giving them a few days and see if they change.

AquaQueen
02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Yea Hobbs give the little guys a chance...they may grow on you like the last time. :1luvu:

cocoa_pleco
02-04-2007, 04:05 AM
mine went from sardines to spaced out too

Lauren B.
02-04-2007, 04:33 AM
lol. i have the same problem with my glowlight tetra. i have a chair that i sit in to observe them!

This made me laugh outloud!

I got a visual of a disgruntled fish enthusiast, sitting begrudgingly in a lone chair, disdainly watching his swimming-too-high tetras!

Ha! Certainly is a funny one!thumbs2:

Lauren B.:1luvu:

cocoa_pleco
02-04-2007, 04:36 AM
lauren, i love your avatar. Im off water 4 a week now lol

Lauren B.
02-04-2007, 06:28 AM
lauren, i love your avatar. Im off water 4 a week now

I usually don't do avatars but I spent a few minutes looking for one, and this one's a perfect match for this forum! :)

Lauren B. :1luvu:

cocoa_pleco
02-04-2007, 04:51 PM
and you have a cat named panda bear? I had a Guinea pig that looked like a panda but it had dark brown fur but i still called it panda bear

Lady Hobbs
02-04-2007, 04:55 PM
OK. As several have mentioned, I am starting to like the danio's better and now they are all over the place. Even see them picking at the gravel. My angel just looks at them wondering how he can catch one. I hope they sleep well at night as they sure use the energy during the day.

Thanks guys

AquaQueen
02-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I am so glad things are turning out fine with the danio's, I was hoping they would...you are a good fishie mommy and they wll be not only healthy but they will be Happily SPOILED by you!

Lady Hobbs
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I watch them for 5 minutes and have to go take a nap. LOL

AquaQueen
02-04-2007, 05:18 PM
They are that tranquil...they make ya sleepy...lol

My catfish is that boring...I wish we never took him from the Frog Pond...:14:

Lauren B.
02-04-2007, 07:14 PM
and you have a cat named panda bear? I had a Guinea pig that looked like a panda but it had dark brown fur but i still called it panda bear

I love that name and I love the actual Chinese panda bear. That particular cat was adopted from a local shelter in New Jersey, before the shelter I worked at opened up. Panda Bear is my boyfriend's favorite girl (she wholly ignores me and puts on a big show for him when he comes home). She has him wrapped around her little paw.

When I was a teen, one of my friends had a guinea pig, and for no particular reason named it Monica (what a choice for a name!)

cocoa_pleco
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/

A live webcam of that panda lun lun or whatever and the baby mei xan or somethin.

Pandas rock

Lauren B.
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/
A live webcam of that panda lun lun or whatever and the baby mei xan or somethin.
Pandas rock

Neat!! thumbs2:
Did you happen to catch the special on Animal Planet about the baby's birth thru its first birthday? I really liked it.

My boyfriend was in Australia last year and went to an animal sanctuary (this may be of no interest to any Aussie members here, but it's exciting as hell for animal lovers in the US!). He got to pet and interact with kangaroos and he got to hold a wombat sitting on his lap. If he's still got the pics on this computer I'll see if he can send them to me and maybe I'll post the two pics if no one objects.

Lauren B.:1luvu: