PDA

View Full Version : I am hated! lol

LadyHatred
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
A week ago or so, I "rescued" this ugly little betta from my lfs. Yes, he is ugly!

He was laying on the bottom of his cup not doing much. Brought him home, floated him for a bit and released him into my 10 gallon. He sunk to the bottom, still cup shaped.

However, every day after that, there was more and more swimming and on the 3 or 4th day he started eating.

His newest "thing" is chasing off my rainbow shark; thats totally surprising seeing how the shark darts at the hose while I clean.

And now! Whenever I look at the tank or sit n inspect it or even if I'm in the -room- he is flaring at me. Back and forth, gills out, his dorsal fin standing (as much as it can) and will not seem to stop. Even now he's doing it. I can feel the hatred oozing from behind me. lol

Does anyone else have a fish that is right xxxxy about you?:help:

Deleted User
01-19-2009, 12:52 PM
LOL at least you know he is ok now. :ssmile:

Yes I have a female elliottii who does this when she has free swimming fry.

My male apisto Borelli also is a right grump.

But it is part of what we love about our fish.

So full of character.:hmm3grin2orange:

sandy_n
01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
[quote=LadyHatred]A week ago or so, I "rescued" this ugly little betta from my lfs. Yes, he is ugly!

He was laying on the bottom of his cup not doing much. Brought him home, floated him for a bit and released him into my 10 gallon. He sunk to the bottom, still cup shaped.

However, every day after that, there was more and more swimming and on the 3 or 4th day he started eating.

His newest "thing" is chasing off my rainbow shark; thats totally surprising seeing how the shark darts at the hose while I clean.

And now! Whenever I look at the tank or sit n inspect it or even if I'm in the -room- he is flaring at me. Back and forth, gills out, his dorsal fin standing (as much as it can) and will not seem to stop. Even now he's doing it. I can feel the hatred oozing from behind me. lol

Well somebody is feeling better....:hmm3grin2orange:

Northernguy
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I think he is in looooove!:1luvu:

Corndawg
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
When I got my first betta, he either hid, or flared at me for the first week! Didnt eat or anything. Then he finally came around, now he just greets me when he sees me walking toward the tank, and shows off his fins. Im sure after a little bit, he will chill out and feel comfertable in his new tank.

troy
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
A rainbow shark should not be kept in a 10g!

Northernguy
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I do agree with troy!
I didn't see that earlier but here is a link with some info on your shark.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish/rainbowshark.php

Ryuu
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Lol My red tailed hates me, he likes to bully all the fish, so I always snap my fingers at him, then he attacks the glass whenever he sees me by the tank. Lol

LadyHatred
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
A rainbow shark should not be kept in a 10g!

I was waiting for something like this. lol

The shop here has a no return policy unless the fish is sick. It was a case of "awwwh! Look at those two swimming in unison! I'll take em both!" And got a sidewasy glance from the shop guy. Didn't know what that was about until they got accustomed in the 25. As well, I properly ID them (here :D ), they were sold to me as "Clown Catfish" He is about 3 inches now so I have some time yet. Another tank is in the works as my pleco also needs a new, bigger home. :11:

mac
01-21-2009, 12:31 AM
One of my Male Bettas was like this. I latter found out he was not happy at all with anything. I placed him in a Community tank and he started to kill everything in his path. No matter the speed of the fish. He would chase it no stop and kill it.

To me I was quite shocked. So IMO it sound like you have a true fighter. IMO and IME these are very hardy and great fish too keep.*But they are best kept to them selves. Mine is still alive and well. He is very beautiful and quite amazing to watch. I just would never place anything with him now. Bigger or smaller.

mac

karbomb
01-21-2009, 12:34 AM
One of my Male Bettas was like this. I latter found out he was not happy at all with anything. I placed him in a Community tank and he started to kill everything in his path. No matter the speed of the fish. He would chase it no stop and kill it.

To me I was quite shocked. So IMO it sound like you have a true fighter. IMO and IME these are very hardy and great fish too keep.*But they are best kept to them selves. Mine is still alive and well. He is very beautiful and quite amazing to watch. I just would never place anything with him now. Bigger or smaller.

mac

i think it depends on the betta, i had mine in my 10g for 2 years, never even noticed another fish. but he was a very happy betta, as soon as he was freed from his cup he started swimming in huge circles around the tank and building bubble nests, never stopped.

mac
01-21-2009, 01:16 AM
You are right. It dose depend on the Betta. Some are great. I have one which is fine with the Females with him and the females are the same with him.

mac