02-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Check this out, this is my next project, LOL

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_1700g_tank_1.php

Abbeys_Mom
02-02-2007, 02:10 PM
:18: :18: :18: :18:

jeffs99dime
02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
i think that tank is severely undersized for that shark. they need way, way more room to swim than that! i would have chosen other fish for the tank. very nice tank though.

crackatinny
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
i think that tank is severely undersized for that shark. they need way, way more room to swim than that! i would have chosen other fish for the tank. very nice tank though.

BUT come on, half a dozen neones, a couple of mollies, the odd guppie, I reckon it would be choice:thumb:

jeffs99dime
02-02-2007, 03:18 PM
imagine stocking that tank with a mega school of cardinals? lol
that would be crazy

bettaboy691
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
i wonder where she got the shark from? i doubt the fish shop has many buyers of sharks that big?

f1oored
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow! That is an impressive tank.

Cichlid_Man
02-02-2007, 06:36 PM
That is awesome, to say the least.
I just made a deal with the wife that if I take the family to the Football Hall of Fame in August and see the game, etc, I could use 1/2 the tax refund on another tank.
I am thinking of making the 30 gallon into a hospital tank. Kind of big for that, but that's OK.
Then the plan is to get something BIG for the family room.
Probably 200 gallon. Don't know if I can fit anything bigger, or even afford it.
Don't know yet if I want a single Arowana, or just a huge African setup with all different species of cichlids.
Ideas??? :-)

Incredulous_Ed
02-02-2007, 07:46 PM
that's really cool crackatinny

cocoa_pleco
02-03-2007, 03:03 AM
how much was his water bill that month? lol

Chrona
02-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Psh @ water bill. What I want to know is, how much was all that salt? He had to dump alot of it when the tank sprung a leak, and those 13 pails in the picture are like, 90 bucks each. Also....800 lbs of sand......LOL

kenyth
03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
IN-SANE!!! I doubt he's terribly wealthy from the look of things. Wasting that kind of money on a hobby is almost inexcusable. Doesn't he have kids to put through college? Not only that, almost everyone has to move eventually. When he does, he'll have to find a like minded hobbyist to buy the home (Good luck!), Someone who doesn't mind it being there (Not likely, it will be a detriment to his property value. Maybe it can be converted to an indoor pool? :ezpi_wink1: ), or tear it down (What a waste!). Not to mention finding a suitable home for his pets will be a challenge.

What's the matter? No zoo or aquarium where he lives?

I don't mean to be overly critical here. He certainly did a fine job on the aquarium. It's impressive work, but there's such a thing as going overboard! That money could have been used to completely refurnished the basement into living area that his family would have enjoyed more. He could have just put a large marine tank in one of the walls.

I guess I compliment the work and dedication. It's quite impressive! I just don't see a future in it personally.

Chrona
03-05-2007, 10:24 PM
When I have kids, their college fund is most definitely going into one of these babies.

cocoa_pleco
03-06-2007, 03:03 AM
When I have kids, their college fund is most definitely going into one of these babies.

take them on tour when you play super mario bros. on your piano blindfolded. lol

My college fund should go into tanks. I just want to be a dam cop, so what the hell training could i need? My auratus can be my sidekick, like magnum p.i