PDA

View Full Version : red pokey things protruding from guppies anus

guppiesgalore
02-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Help! I have been trying for the last week to find out what is wrong with our guppies. We have a 55 gal tank that has been established for 2 years now. All water checks normal. The only problems we have had before were minor ich breakouts. After 2 days of research we've come to the conclusion that they have camallanus. It looks like they have red pokey things protruding from their anus. Have been told that Levasole or Levamisole will treat this, but is difficult to come by. Have talked to all the fish stores in town and they didn't have a clue what it was or the medication I was asking about. The vets looked at me like I was retarted or something! Almost all of our females are showing outward signs now so I am starting to panic! I need some medication fast. Does anyone know of a remedy or where I can get the Levasole/Levamisole??? Guppies are the only thing in this tank besides 3 swords. HELP HELP. Thanks for any advice

William
02-01-2006, 04:39 AM
These products are without doubt hard to find in fish stores but you can find levasole in shops selling products for sheeps. It can for example be found at freysupply(dot)com for just over 15$: I donät know where you live so i can't say if they ship to your location.

A google search for "buy levasole" will find more stores for you.