PDA

View Full Version : LPS coral Recomendations

labnjab
01-16-2009, 12:36 AM
We're becoming fond of lps and would like to add more to our tank, but can't decide what else to get. We currently have a frogspawn, torch, candy cane, and open brain. Were looking for something different, but nothing that has to be in the sand, as we don't have anymore room in the sand. Thank you for any suggestions

ILuvMyGoldBarb
01-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Galaxia is a really nice option. You need to be careful though, remember, you are dealing with a smaller space and LPS are well known for their very long sweeper tentacles and their ability to deliver a rather strong sting to other corals. Furthermore, 2 of the species you have in there have some of the longest sweepers around. If you want something that would be fine on the rocks then check into Acans or a Favia species. Blastomusa wellsi is also a good option for a rock dwelling LPS.

labnjab
01-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. Actually, I have yet to see any sweepers extended on any of the coral. I plan to have the reef moved to a 55 hopefully by the end of summer. Once we get a 90 for our goldfish they reef will be taking over their tank. I like the galaxia, as well as the other corals mentioned. I put a post up on a local reef club stating that we want to buy lps, so hopefully someone will have something mentioned

ILuvMyGoldBarb
01-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Good luck to you. The 55 is a good idea for all that stuff.

cocoa_pleco
01-16-2009, 01:47 AM
ditto with the galaxia, i have a large rock of it in my 125g and its a easy coral

kaybee
01-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Fox coral and duncans would make suitable candidates as well.

coachfraley
01-16-2009, 04:13 AM
i am partial to the blasto suggestion

labnjab
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
those all look cool too, I'll have to see what I can find, thank you for the suggestions