PDA

View Full Version : So I'm thinking of..

abaigael04
01-14-2009, 08:42 PM
breeding my L-239. I am setting up my 60 gallon and was SET on the morleti's (skunk loaches)... BUT I have been talking and talking about maybe breeding my male. Besides having never bred a fish before, I also don't know how to make sure I get a female. I can sex them (same as sexing BN) - but my male's odontodes fell off from the stress of shipping, and since these would be a special order just for me, they aren't going to keep them in the shop until we see who grows a stache! But yep- still excited about maybe possibly breeding them. I love this pl*co... not the most flashy one but quite nice, IMO. I don't suppose anyone here has any suggestions? (posted on PC already).
:shappy:
Thanks!

Red
01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Not that good with plecos, but you would have a easier time setting up a colony then just a pair. I am not 100% sure but with most fish it makes it easier. If you do breed them, i will take some of your babies. Good luck :)

abaigael04
01-15-2009, 12:29 AM
I imagine I will need to get a few, too. hopefully I can get it all worked out! thumbs2: Now need to get all my research done!

abaigael04
01-15-2009, 02:17 AM
but if i have to get a colony - what do I do with the rest???? I don't have room to have random plecos just laying about. LOL .. maybe I'll talk to my LFS to see if they'll take some back if need be.