PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out at lfs!

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I had my lfs hang onto a really nice bn pleco for me.I went to pick it up and the bn she had saved for me was a marble high fin.The other kid that works there sold it to someone else.
He just about crapped his pants when he found out it was mine!
I wouldn't have but its the thought that counts right.lol

I had my tank all ready for it ,letting the algae grow for a bit and everything.
Sucks.Now I have too wait a few more weeks for another to come in.
Oh well *hit happens !

This is also my 100th thread that I started and its my 5000th post!
WOOHOOO! 2 more awards to come!thumbs2:

korith
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
It happens. I called ahead monday to see if the lfs had any pygmy cories, and they did, so I went down there a few hours later, they were all gone. Was hoping to add to the small school I had already. Now I need to wait 2 weeks till they get their next shipment in.

Crispy
01-14-2009, 06:35 PM
We have a guy here who breeds them and sells them fairly cheap. BNs are everywhere here.
http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-Bristle-nose-plecos-W0QQAdIdZ99443533

Rue
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
Bummer is right! Sorry you missed it! Hopefully it won't be too long a wait for you, for the next one (and I mean an anxious wait, not the time itself...lol)...

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Its costing me 20 up here and I don't get to choose from any.I have only seen 1 up here in the last 2 years.
Now I am sure I am getting shafted.

Sharon
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Well that sucks! There's nothing worse than going, expecting to come home with the fish, and then not getting it!!!:scry:

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Yup! Yuo just went through didn't you?:22:

Crispy thats a great price but its way too cold out to get fish delivered up here!Thanks for the link!

james481
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
We have a guy here who breeds them and sells them fairly cheap. BNs are everywhere here.
http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-Bristle-nose-plecos-W0QQAdIdZ99443533

Just saw this is the ad you linked:

These pleco's will grow to the size of the tank and if bought young are suitable for 10 gallon tanks .

Personally, I would find another seller.

abaigael04
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
That is to bad about the fish :scry:
:ssmile: about your awards!

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
That is to bad about the fish :scry:
:ssmile: about your awards!

lol Its a bummer always having to wait for what is apparently in stock but I 'm starting to get used to it know!

Thanks!:22:

Crispy if you know this breeder you should mention to him that he should change the wording in his ad.Some people keep their fish in the proper size tanks and will get upset about his ad.Is just not good for his business.
You could also get him to join the site.

Crispy
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Crispy if you know this breeder you should mention to him that he should change the wording in his ad.Some people keep their fish in the proper size tanks and will get upset about his ad.Is just not good for his business. You could also get him to join the site.

I don't know him personally.. I just know there's a lot of cheap BNs around here.

Wild Turkey
01-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I had my lfs hang onto a really nice bn pleco for me.I went to pick it up and the bn she had saved for me was a marble high fin.The other kid that works there sold it to someone else.
He just about crapped his pants when he found out it was mine!
I wouldn't have but its the thought that counts right.lol

I had my tank all ready for it ,letting the algae grow for a bit and everything.
Sucks.Now I have too wait a few more weeks for another to come in.
Oh well *hit happens !

This is also my 100th thread that I started and its my 5000th post!
WOOHOOO! 2 more awards to come!thumbs2:

Congrats bud!!!!!! I think i have one thread to go :D So we'll be hitting that milestone together looks like thumbs2:

Deleted User
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM
That is a sad situation Northernguy.

Personally if I were you I would not just tell one member of staff I would tell all of them or make sure you ask them to put a reserved note or sold note on the tank. That is the way my LFS do it for me.thumbs2:

Congrats on your achievements. :19:

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't know him personally.. I just know there's a lot of cheap BNs around here.
lol It was just a suggestion!
Are they ever cheap.I gotta get out of this town soon.Just for a day.:19:
The two lps here have 6 tanks each.They both carry basically the same fish except for the odd discus at one store.There is so much more here for birds.I could get more different birds here than I can fish!

Thats pretty cool Wild T!
Congrats!

TazManiac
01-14-2009, 09:58 PM
That sucks and well done.

Northernguy
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
lol Thanks Taz!:22: